Wiring size

Bronze Member
Username: Kissdaredevil

Post Number: 70
I have a sony 1200w 2 channel. I am going to try to get the most power out of it. I was just wondering if i should use just a 8 gauge power cable or if I should go with the 4 gauge.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9922
Use whatever gauge wire it specifies.

But don't expect good performance. Sony is complete crap, one of the worst brands there is.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2378
If that's the amp i am thinking of, the ~400w rms one, then 8ga would work. BUT I would Just go with 4ga so if you ever upgrade in the future. You can never go too big on wire.

Username: Craudi0

Post Number: 3
go with 4 gauge, just in case you upgrade your system. which i have a feeling you might after you hear the sony amp lol. but ya 4 gauge

Bronze Member
Username: Kissdaredevil

Post Number: 72
this is my thing about sony. I have been working with and installing car audio for a long time. all of sony's subs I have thought sucked. All their headunits sucked. But for some reason I know people who use their amps with no problems whatsoever and they actually have good sound quality. I don't understand why everyone gives sony amps a bad rap. I think it's cause everything else they make sucks. I doubt everyone has used their amps.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2409
Their build quality is cr@p, I've seen a few sony amps fail myself.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 901
it seems like everything except car audio sony makes is gold, but their R&D in the car audio department isnt doing something right, or should i say they arent doing anything right.

Username: Junior55

Post Number: 1
Hi i have an Avionixx cxa 1220 and getting boss audio 1200 watt speakers i use to have an audiobahn 1500hc but it went out on me after 7 years my question is my old setup ran perfect until recently it started going out i cheked all my wires everything is fine. now i thought it was my amp going out but i replaced it and then my speakers went out (Audiobahn 12" abp121t)what is the cause for this happening? and when i get these new speakers how can i avoid it from happening again?

Please help im giong crazy

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10100
failure and overheating. Yeah real good amps they make.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us