Best Amplifier

Silver Member
Username: 71_chevelle

Post Number: 142
I'm looking into getting two 18" RE Audio XXX woofers, They're rated at 4000 peak and 2000 RMS each. I'm looking for the best amplifier that will push a pair of these subs. total RMS wattage is 4000 watts for the two. I have no budget yet just wondering what is the best amp people think would be best for these two subs...cheaper is always better.

I believe they are dual 2 ohm subs when wired together in Parallel it comes out to be 2 ohms. So i'm looking for an amplifier that will push these at 2 ohms and possibly at 0.5 ohms but i'm not sure if it would be too hot to run that much power.

A few amps i've looked at are:

SOUNDSTREAM XXX-6500D
ROCKFORD FOSGATE T20001BD (strapped together)
Zapco C2K-4KW
Kicker ZX2500.1 (one for each sub)

any others out there you guys suggest?
and i'm willing to have an amp for each sub or strap two together or one big amp.

Thank you!!

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2270
American Bass VFL400.1

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
I dont believe that one will work snow, having two dual 2ohm subs wired together is 2 ohms and that amp only puts out 2600 watts at 2ohms
any other suggestions??

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2273
the VFL 400.1 can be run at .5 ohms no problem if you have the electrical to back it up. I've seen them run at .25 ohms for daily.

Username: Sgt_radich

Oxford, South field, MI USA

Post Number: 1
Honestly go with 2 kicker 2500.1 amps but buy from the factory not refurbished or used. I ran 3 15in Orion HCCA's of 1 kicker 2500.1 amp those subs are same wattage as urs. Go with kicker or an old school Orion or memphis amp rated at 2000watts at 2ohs 4000 by 1ohm
Hopefully this was helpful

Username: Cmack111

Post Number: 3
Check out reaudio.com
and go to the us amps section
they have a section where they will build one to your specs or they have a sub under the competition section that runs 2000 watt
try that
that got killer subs too

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9899
Two Audioque 2200d

And I hope you realize you better have a HUGE and I mean huge alternator and battery to run that much power.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2290
You could probably pick up a used VFL 400.1 cheaper than buying 2 brand new AQ's or Kickers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
Oh really? i did not know they could be ran at .5 ohms good to know!
I dont think i can use the kickers unless they can be strapped together. And how much would 2 AQ's cost? and where might i get them?
yeah i'll have to figure out the power supply once i get to that problem, i might have to have a few alts and and batts to run it.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9918
Well you should figure it out now... since it will be a problem as soon you install those amps....

AQ 2200s are $389 each. Get them from audioque.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
That is true M.S.
But i've got to finish my '71 chevelle first hahaha i'm getting kind of ahead of myself i just love this stuff it is interesting and i love learning it!!

Username: A12voltman80

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 9
zapco is good

Are you looking for an amp that also sounds good?

If so you do not want a 6500.

Maybe a RD d9 many people said this amp offers clean power.

or

go with two smaller sq amps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us