Please Help New To Car Audio

Username: Ironjudas

Post Number: 1
Hey Guys!! I Have A Problem With My New System....

I Have A 1100 Watt alpine Amp With One 12 in. Alpine Sub In The Back...

The Sub Is Not Pounding Like It Should... Tho It Does Sound GREAT But its Not Pounding Very Hard.

I Was Told I Had Two Options...

One Option Was To Get A bigger AMP... But I Feel As Tho My 1100 Watt Amp Should be PLENTY To Bang The Hell Outa That 12 In. Sub......

They Then Told Me That My Deck Had An "issue" And If It Was Replaced It Would Hit Litterly 3 Times Harder...

But I LOVE My Deck, 6 disk Changer And It Just Looks incrediable In My Mustang.... ALSO If i were to get a New Deck They Told Me It Would Disable The Two 8in Subs Inside The Car... But Those Also Sound GREAT.....

Idk What To Do....

Im A Pizza Delievery Guy Here In The State Of Washington so Money is a HUGE Issue... I already Spent 700 Dollars On This System.... But It Bothers Me That I Am getting No where Near The potential Of The Equipment I Bought!!??

WHAt Do I Do?????

Thank You!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9847
Box is the wrong size/tuning is my guess.

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 115
Is it a type R? if so throw it in a nice ported box and you should be good. Also try not using the 8" subs, its not good to mix diffrent brands, sizes or models. We need more info to figure it out. What model is your head unit, amp, sub. what size box is it in, ported or sealed and if ported do you know what it is tuned to.

Post Number: 3
Ohh Geeze lol Well The Box Was Done Professionally at a shop here in vancouver, BUT Its A Alpine Amp, 1100 Watts And Idk The Type Of Alpine Subs, I think R??? Idk Im sorry lol

The Guy Said Its Not Getting Proper Power. My Amp Or Sub Or Whatever Is Only Getting 1/8th Of a Volt....

So He Said With A New Deck He Would Turn Off The Two 8's That Came With The Car, And Add Power To The Amp... But Idk,, Does That Make Since?? Can You Dumb It Down For Me? lol

Thanks alot guys!

Username: Ericsbosox

FL USA

Post Number: 7
Alpine is a very good sub for clean bass
How many ohms are your speakers wired for?
what kind of sub is your 12?
what gauge wire are you using?

Post Number: 6
I Dont Know Any Of Those... :-( Sorry Guys Just Alpine 12, Cost me about 169.

Username: Trunk_knockin13

Rockford, Illinois Usa

Post Number: 1
well when u look at ur sub it should have a letter r letter e or letter s and that will tell u what kind of alpine it is.is ur deck factory or bought at a store

Bronze Member
Username: Nickadam55

Post Number: 27
what type of HU?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us