Wiring RCA cables to amp and headunit

Username: Hendry91

Leatherhead, Surrey United Kingdom

Post Number: 10
Hi, i have run all my speaker, power, ground and RCA leads and connected all of them apart from the RCA's, on my headunit i have 5 RCA outputs, one subwoofer, two rear and two front, but i only have two RCA cables one red and one blue which ones do i connect or do i need splitters also i have 4 RCA inputs on my amplifier but only two RCA cables one blue and one red, on my amp i have rear left and right and fron left and right, what ones do i connect or do i need splitters?

Many Thanks

Dominic Hendry

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 111
I would run a pair of RCA's from the front RCA outputs on the HU to the front speaker amplifier. Then run a seperate pair to the rear amp, comming from the rear RCA outputs on the HU. Your amp probably does not have 2 inputs, one of the pair is most likely an output. You could always just go from HU to one amp, then link the 2 amps together with RCA's. I dont know if that would make a diffrence in sound as I have never tried it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Hi, i only have one amp by the way, but i agree it is best to run one cable from front RCA on HU to front right and left on amp, and then run another from back RCA on HU to back left and right on amp. Does it matter whether my 6x9 and subwoofer are front or rear. My HU does have a subwoofer input but i dont think i need to use it.

Many thanks again Jon

Dominic Hendry

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 113
Soy you are running all your speakers and a subwoofer from one amp? Make sure you run the RCA's from a front or rear channel so they get all frequencies and not just sub bass frequencies.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Yeh i have a 4 channel amp so i am running my 6x9s on channel 1 and 2 and my sub bridged on channels 3 and 4. I just need to know what to set the gain and lpf (low pass filter) to for each sub and 6x9s

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew35

Post Number: 16
Usually you can set the hpf on your headunit.. that way you can deliever your bass to your subwoofers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us