Three amps in one car?

Silver Member
Username: Curious

Post Number: 106
Hey fellas if I wanted I install two or three amps into one car (one for subs and one for two 6.5" and two 6x9's) how would I go about supplying power to them both ( or three) do I just run one from the battery under the hood and split it of into two or do I have to run two seperate cables from the battery? And does the same to for the ground ?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 112
What amps do you have that you are going to put in the car? you can run one wire which would be the cheapest, but you would need a distribution block. It would be cheaper than buying and running 3 smaller gauge wires and probably easier too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
I have an older kenwood which is a monoblock for my subs (alpine type rs) and I plan on getting a four channel amp to power two alpine type r component 6.5" speakers for my doors and then I have two pioneer 6x9's in my rear deck. But the stock system has five more speakers which I plan to leave hooked up to the factory system so I only have two amps to get power to. what is a distribution block?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, MI USA

Post Number: 12433
one large line from the battery to a power distribution block (fused) then one line to each amp from that.

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 114
A distribution block properly splits power. It takes one big wire(like 1/0 gauge) and lets you split it into usually 4 smaller ones(4 awg). Do you know the models of the amps you are going to run, and or the total RMS draw of them?

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
ok thanks guys....Here are the amps Im looking at (only because I might get a good deal on them friend works at best buy)...If you all have other suggestions let me know ...The mono amp I have is sub par but ive had it for ever so i see no point in spending extra money for no reason its a kenwood that my dad bought from best buy a while ago. here are the 4 channel amps i was looking at

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8699349&type=product&id=1199494646 190

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8288337&type=product&id=1173577734 466

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8265469&type=product&id=1170289779 383

Is there a particular distribution block that I should purchase or they all about the same? and Im running 4 gauge as my power chord as it is so would that suffice or do i have to go bigger from the battery to the block?

O and the head unit I will be using is a pioneer avhp 5000.. indash. It performed much better with my amp sub set up than my old alpine cda 9856. Which is doing nothing but sitting in a box in my closet.

thanks for the help ecoustics has never failed me.

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
i see the links dont work here is the actual amp's

Alpine - 200W Class A/B Bridgeable 4/3/2-Channel MOSFET Amplifier w/ Adjustable Crossover
Model: MRP-F300

I can get it for alpine $115

Infinity - 468W Class AB Bridgeable 4-Channel MOSFET Amplifier
Model: REF475A

infinity $137

Kenwood - 340W Class AB Bridgeable 2-Channel Amplifier with Variable Crossover
Model: KAC-7204

kenwood $106

Rockford Fosgate - Punch 400W Class AB Bridgeable 4-Channel Amplifier
Model: P400-4

Still waiting for the price on this one

Username: Victoratm

Austin, Texas United states

Post Number: 3
get the infinity

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9841
Alpine is by FAR the best choice of those amps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
Hey M.S the alpine is even better than the rockford ? (I didn't know if you included that in your judgment because I don't have a price yet. )

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
SO does that mean Everyone agrees with M.S. ? and not Victor? M.S i know you have a really nice rep but vic may have experience to I just want to be sure before I spend the cash thanks

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2581
Alpine for many reasons...

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
Ok well that does it everyone thanks alot the alpine it will be. I guess it makes sense because the components I purchased are alpine also.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2295
alpine.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9917
Alpine speakers are not bad if on a budget. Amplifiers and HUs are what they do good though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
O ok M.S. thanks for the reply on the speakers, I actually got the component set also from best buy and only had to pay 130 for the type r components that they offer so that is why I went with them. I had an alpine head unit and although it wasnt the best one out it didnt outperform my pioneer dvd unit I have now (perhaps because of the large difference in price between the two) but i like the pioneer units. this will be my first alpine amp so we will see how it goes who knows might scoop up another to replace my old and dying kenwood lol for the 12" type r's I have.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us