Tuning Tips.

Username: Yenkozl1

PHOENIX, AZ UNITED STATES

Post Number: 5
Looking for some advise on tuning a complete system. When tuning my system I put all the presets on the stereo for bass,treble,and sub at zero. I fade everyting to the front with the amp turned all the way down and the volume knob turned all the way up. Then I turn the gain up on the amp just before the speakers start to distort and then do the same for the rear speakers but not as much gain for those to keep the front sound stage effect. Then I adjust the crossovers on the amp w/in the Hzs specs on the speaker box. Is this correct or am I a fool? I do this so I can crank it up without having to worry about blowing a speaker. I've heard some systems where they get a lot of sound at low volume levels but if the volume goes past 15 the speakers start to distort. And I think that cant be tuned right. Any input would be great!

Silver Member
Username: 71_chevelle

Post Number: 159
Yes from what i have heard that is a good way for tuning your speakers.

Username: Yenkozl1

PHOENIX, AZ UNITED STATES

Post Number: 6
Ok,Cool Thanks for the input Hunter....But is there another way to go about it? Or should I stick with what I'm doing?

Silver Member
Username: 71_chevelle

Post Number: 170
The way you are doing it is the best! You wont distort your speakers, your amp wont shut off in protection mode trying to turn your volume up loud to have loud speakers and you wont blow your speakers either. stick with your method.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us