Question About Amps

Username: Thabloodsuka

Summerville, SC USA

Post Number: 1
this is all the stuff in my car right now2 1200w Kenwood "12" cone subs in the trunk
Kenwood radio (don't remember watts)
2 225w Boss Riots R572 "5-7" rear speakers
2 120w Eclipse SE6800 "6-8" door speakers
Boss GT380 Riot GT Series 600w Mono Amp
I'm looking to upgrade to a better amp and i want bass you can hear for a distance not just inside the car but i don't want to spend to much no more the 200$ what the best type amp to get please help ty

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4534
The best type would be a mono amp.
$200? is that for new or used?
And what model or rms are those subs?
And to be heard from far away? buy new subs or keep the windows down and trunk open..:-(

Username: Thabloodsuka

Summerville, SC USA

Post Number: 4
my kenwood 12s ar 400rms
doisent matter to me new or used

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Raccoon City, MI USA

Post Number: 12201
with that tight of a budget, look at used amplifiers on eBay or on for sale sections of boards like this one.

Also, nobody else wants to hear your stereo system outside of your car. Please don't aggrivate others and give this hobby a bad reputation by trying to make others hear the sound system. The more you hear the stereo outside of the car, the less you hear inside as well. Sound is energy, and the more you lose to resonating the metal of the car and allowing that energy to escape into the outside surroundings, the less of that music energy you preserve for inside the car where you can enjoy it.. just an FYI there from someone who's been in this game for a while now.

Best of luck.
I also agree go with a mono class D amp, like a JBL or something by DEI.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4542
well 400 watts each. Also find the voice coil ohms, if its a single 4, dvc 4, or dvc 2.
So find out what that is and then get an amp that does ~900 at that ohm load.
For $200 you can get something decent.

heres a few to look at, both low-mid level amps for around $200 new.

Kenwood X812

Hifonics BXi1208
Specs: 1200 RMS @ 1ohm, 900RMS @ 2ohms

also check audio forum classifieds for used ones. But be carful you dont get scammed. Make sure you know who your dealing with.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us