Amplifier.... does it need more power?

Username: Curtisbhicks

Post Number: 1
hi. just wondering if anyone would be able to help me out here. ive read a few of the other threads on amps goin into protective mode... so i decided to test everyting and see what tha problem is. in my car im running an alpine headunit with a dedicated rca sub output to my 1600 watt twin channel amp. which is powering two audiobahn subs ( i mean ment to be powering lol).the problem is whenever theres a part on the track that has low bass the subs werk (although very very low bass coming from them) and the rest of the track which is bassy the amp keeps going into protection mode. therefore i decided to test the power supply to the amp. it is a solid 14v but when ever the amp cuts in it goes down to around 10 and even lower.... do i need to install another battery specifically for the sound system or would a power capacitor do the job? any repplies would be greatly apreciated. thanks

Username: Erbgottie

M-Town, Upper Cackal... US

Post Number: 4
so you get 10V with the amp on?? That is very bad if that is the case because you're putting a tremendous strain on your electrical system. My first reccomendation si to do the BIG 3

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/312025/page/1#Po st312025

after that it would be to get a HO alt but you can't run a bare bone stock electrical system sucking that much juice period.

Post Number: 3
cheers for the help mate..... will have to give that a go tomorow :-). im new to this site nd everytime ive read big 3 sumwhere ive bin like lol

Username: Erbgottie

M-Town, Upper Cackal... US

Post Number: 5
I was the same way but that link i put up there will tell you everything you need to know about the BIG 3, good luck bro

Post Number: 4
yeah its very in depth... hard ta get me head rownd to start lol
but well written

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1606
Check the grounding on your amp first. Maybe even try moving it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us