What amp kit

Username: Treek12

Post Number: 1
I need an amp kit. Will be running 1 JL 12"W6 and want to power one set of my interior speakers. I dont know if I should power front or rear with amp. I was looking at the KICKER 05PKD4 kit. Let me know if this is a good kit or not. Also which set of speakers to run F or R on amp and which to leave on head unit. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Kissdaredevil

Post Number: 61
I would run the rear speakers off of an amp if you were to at all because they can usually handle a lot more power then front speakers. What size are your front and rear. I have always considered all amp kits to be the same except for the speaker wire. I have always just bought the cheapest amp kit I could find and then just bought really good speaker wire. After all if you think about it a kicker 4 ga. wire is going to do the same thing as a 4 ga. wire that is half the price.

Post Number: 4
Thats what I was thinking that I should run the rear speakers which are 6x9 off the amp. I know I need 4 ga. wire and most people say also 8 ga. As for buying the wire seperately that would mean I have to buy everything piece by piece which would take alot of time I think and I might end up not getting everything I need.

Post Number: 5
Is the tsunami 1400 amp kit a good one?

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1704
Unless your front speakers are junk those are definitely the ones you want to amplify. You want to establish the "stage" in front of you, not behind.

It is common to run 100-200w in front and 10-20w from the HU in back. The other way around is not good if you are going for any degree of sound quality.

Kicker makes very good wiring kits. The PKD4 isn't dirt cheap, but you get a lot for the money, everything you need to install 2 good sized amps.
Generally the ones that are significantly cheaper lie about the actual size of the copper in the wire -- a lot of insulation, thin copper.

If you're looking at this Tsunami kit: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_14602_Tsunami+AMP850BL.html

I think it's a good deal for $35 shipped, but I'd be willing to bet it's not actually 4 ga, and it doesn't include distribution blocks or an ANL fuse like the Kicker kit does.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us