Best Amp For My Type R's

Username: Pointblankw00t

Post Number: 1
I know I know, there's other threads on this exact same topic. But I am a beginner at car audio, and I don't know much, and needed a few things explained to me. So I have 2 4 ohm type r's...I had a hifonics brutus amp which beat loud as hell, but it fried. I then purchased a Hifonics Titan Ti7508 and it's just not satisfying me. What would be the best amp I could get that would be dumb loud. And how should I hook it up? Please help I want to learn more.

Bronze Member
Username: Vivi2000

Post Number: 80
the AQ1200D would be a good mach with those if they are the 10/12".
Some others are the SAZ 1000D, SAZ 1500D and RD 1000.1D.

Username: Pointblankw00t

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply keep the ideas flowin. I appreciate it.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9349
AQ 1200d or RD 1000.1

can't beat the value vs. quality on those.

Bronze Member
Username: Tom14pep

Post Number: 15
A couple of years ago i bought a Rockford Fosgate type RF x6c for less than 300 on ebay. The amp was killer loud. I dont know if you can get one for a decent price like i did, there's one for 700 now on ebay(seems like way to much to me), but maybe you could get a steal like i did if you look around. It was amazingly loud, and it survived a hight speed crash that totaled my car and threw it a hundred feet away from the vehicle. I would look for a type RF amp, mine has been a champ. btw, mine is certified to put out 1190 watts rms @ 2 ohms

Bronze Member
Username: Tom14pep

Post Number: 16
I used the amp on 2 4 ohm versions of the type r's. R's are definately amazing, a good choice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us