Wiring diagram needed!

Username: Minimon

Australia

Post Number: 1
Hey, first time poster here.

I recently bought a little classic Mini, and it has a Clarion DB356MP head unit in it, with an amp and two 6x9's in the rear. i'm adding two 4's in the dash and trying to replace all the old electrical wiring in the car, learning about it as I go!

Most of the cables on the back of the head unit plug have been cut. Can anyone point me in the direction of a wiring diagram that shows what each wire could have been for?

Thanks muchly! monadams@bigpond.com

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1972
okay... do you need to know the H.U. wire harness wires or the actual vehicle wiring(stereo)?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1973
http://www.clarion.com/us/en/MungoBlobs/257/578/DB345MP(Install).pdf

Username: Minimon

Australia

Post Number: 3
That's great!

I'd like to run the speakers through the amp, but it's a 2 channel amp in the boot and the two 6x9's on the parcel shelf are occupying the four connections. What's the best way to connect the two 4's that I'm installing in the dash? My HU only has the one pair of RCA connections to the amp, not two like in that DB345MP diagram.

Do I scrap the amp and hard-wire all 4 speakers to the 16 pin connector extension lead, or do that for the fronts and have the rears going through the RCA's to the amp as they are now?

As you can probably tell...I haven't done this before. I can do home systems no probs, but car systems are all new to me!

Upload

This is the mess so far! Under the bonnet is a whole other story!

Upload

Username: Jlssecurity

Manchester, Uk Lancashire

Post Number: 2
Use the amp to power the rear speakers and the HU to run the front speakers. Unless you are adding a subwoofer, then the four speakers will run directly from the HU and the SUB from the RCA out that is currently running the 6*9 , if that makes any sense.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us