Clarion DXZ585USB HELP with Ipod touch 2g

Username: Br0wnb0y

Post Number: 1
Hi

I have a Clarion dxz585usb. Ipods do not work on it. The thing is that that unit is advertised to work with the regular ipod cable provided by Apple. Plug and play. I cannot get it to play music from the ipods.

I have tried a ipod touch 2g (second generation) and an ipod video (5th generation) and both of them give me "error 2." The manual says that "error 2" is for improperly encoded mp3s/wmas/aacs and such. I've tried two different ipod wires.

Also it will play the same mp3s on a USB flash drive (I've tried two different ones)

Any ideas?? Anyone get it to work with their ipod touch 2g?

Specs:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882647013

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020D585USB/Clarion-DXZ585USB.html

-Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Coreyh6987

J-Town, NC USA

Post Number: 46
Is the music purchased from iTunes?? or any other music subscription service where the music is copyright protected??

Is the iPod updated to the latest software??

Post Number: 2
Yes it is all updated to the latest software and no I do not have any DRM protected files.

I think my problem might lie in the wiring of the 15A and 3A yellow wires. There are two yellow wires for the clarion unit but only 1 on the harness itself. I did not connect the 3A. Do you know if I have to just tie the two together and connect them to the single yellow wire on the harness??

Could this be the cause of the issue??

Post Number: 3
EDIT: Went ahead and connected the wires together and started it up. Ipod touch 2g works perfectly with the unit now. The yellow 3A wire provides power to external devices such as ipods!

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

15 $$D wangi...

Post Number: 627
How are you liking your HU? I am thinking of getting the same one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us