Questions Fi Q 12/Sundown

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisilver

Post Number: 27
Decided that i'm going with an Fi Q 12". I thought I was going to get the BP power but i'm questioning whether its worth it or not. I'm new to car audio so I don't want to risk blowing the sub and saying "wow, i wish i spent that extra 40 bucks."

1. Whats the best amp of these three for the fi q considering quality, durabiity and cost? Sundown 1000d, sundown 1200d, and audioque 1200d.

2. Should I get the BP power option? Even though I don't intend on pushing this sub to its limits, I would feel more comfortable having the extra cooling. Can the sub easily handle 1000 watts all day and last for a good long time without the BP?

3. What gauge wire should I use to the speaker?

4. To wire it in parallel down to an ohm, Whats the best way to get a wire to both negatives and a wire to both positives? Terminal cups, bolts..?

Thanks, Chris

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1515
All of those amps will work great with the Q

It never hurts to get options on the Fi subs - somewhat cheap for some security and options probably make them a bit easier to sell

12 gauge wire is plenty

for the wiring - i usually twist the wires together inside the box, and drill a hole or two in the box instead of a terminal cup

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Thanks!

Anyone else?

Bronze Member
Username: I0s

Post Number: 40
Forget all those amps.
They pale in comparison to the Kickers and the Rockford Fosgates.

But they are usually only sold at top end stores like Best Buy but the good thing is is that they have excellent trained employees there that will blow your ears!
PUN intended!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Is that a 12 gauge wire to each of the four connections on the sub? What if I want to run two wires to a terminal cup, then inside the box split them off to each voicecoil? Im wiring in parallel. And one more thing, is Knukonceptz 4 gauge large enough to run the audioque 17' from the battery?

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1341
wow kittykat...that was the worst info ever.

sundown does not pale in comparison. they are equal if not better quality. RF and kicker amps are very power hungry, while the sundowns are more efficient.

sundown > kicker/RF (with exception to SX amps)

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1736
i agree with abarca. sundown>kicker/rockford.

gtfo kittykat.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2128
From my experiences...

Kicker> Audioque> Rockford(punch)

Never owned a Sundown amp. The Audioque 1200D is a solid amp btw.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us