Soundproofing

Username: Blitzie

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone. First time poster.

Basically, this is the situation. I just bought a new car (used) and I'm ready to put a really great system in. However, I'm worried that, as in my last car, everything will be rattling and the exterior sounds will take away from the quality of the system.

I think I need to soundproof the car. I've done a little research and found Dynamat to be the best but I need to know what steps to take in soundproofing.

Summary:
What steps do I take in soundproofing?
What material is best for what part of the car?
How must could this potentially cost?

Thanks for any help.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 130
Welcome to the forum man!

Of all the things that I have done to my car completely deadening/soundproofing it has been the one thing that I have been the most satisfied with.

Dynamat is great stuff (what I used) but dont over look some others that are just as good and sometimes are less money.

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

^^^Lots of good, helpful info in that link.

I would recommend getting a quality butyl based deadener and apply it to the doors, floor, roof and trunk. Also, if you really want to go all out get some closed cell foam and apply it over the deadener. This will really make a difference in the reduction of noise inside the car.

As far as cost, it can get out of hand quick. I've got at least a grand in a double layer of deadener in the whole car and 1"thick closed cell foam(where it would fit) in my deadening/soundproofing project.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us