Amp for type R's

Bronze Member
Username: R_davis

Brookneal, Virginia

Post Number: 12
I need a good amp for 2 ALPINE SWR 1242D .RATED AT 1500/500RMS.Will they take more than 500? budget $200.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1254
bump up the budget a bit and get the aq1200d

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps.htm

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1895
You could feed them 1k each and be ok, you would need a stable electricial set though.

Last I checked they are 750rms each.

Bronze Member

Brookneal, Virginia

Post Number: 13
Nice amp! but I've bumped to much now.Back surgery 4 wks ago ($80,000) so far.Haven't worked in 2 months.How about zx750.1 or PG Ryval 1600.Thanks for any help you can give.Right now I'm just trying to get the best for the least.Maybe used.

Bronze Member

Brookneal, Virginia

Post Number: 15
What about TMA or Valor? Havn't heard much about them. any good?

Bronze Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 19
i have the perfect amp for you... its a lanzar mxa 252... ill sell u it for 120 shipped, 100 local pick up... its maybe a month old

Bronze Member

Brookneal, Virginia

Post Number: 16
What about TMA or Valor? Havn't heard much about them. any good?

Bronze Member

Brookneal, Virginia

Post Number: 17
Sorry about the repeat message,don't know what happened.I'm looking for something pushing about 500 to 600rms.I still don't know why there was so much dirrerence between the readings you gave for that amp and the ones that Mike gave off the manual.I looked on ebay and got the same thing you did,unless their overrating them on the computer?

Bronze Member

Brookneal, Virginia

Post Number: 18
TYLER,yOU FOUND THE SPEAKERS & AMP YOU WERE LOOKING FOR YET?I'm looking at kicker zx750 375wx1rms @4ohms 750wx1rms @2ohms under $200,not bad.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6596
ralph, the specs i posted are what lanzar published themselves in the owners manual for the amp. the difference between the two specs are the ones they post on the box, which they use just about everywhere, is to make uninformed consumers think they are getting alot of power for cheap. think about it, do you really think an amp that does what, 1000wrms x 2, is going to be that cheap? when's the last time ou even seen an amp that really does that power into 2 channels? it's a marketing scheme, that's all it is. lanzar is known to be crap, with the exception of their old zed made amps.

as for an amp that'll do 1000wrms @ 1ohm (which would be cheapest for you), with your budget i'd look into hifonics or try to pick up a cadence txa1000d. i think the last i saw on thier site they said sold out, but go to caraudio.com and pm member JasonPaul, he's a cadence rep and he'll help you out if they have any left.

oh, and a zx750.1 is a nice amp, but not suitable for your subs.

Bronze Member

Brookneal, Virginia

Post Number: 19
I thought their watts sounded to good to be true.,kind of hard to know what your getting with advertising like that,are their alot of companies doing that,if so how do you know what you're getting?Why is the zx750 not suitable,is their something you can share with me to help me know what to look for?Thanks for the info ,I'll check on the Cadence.I'd just like to learn more if I could.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6600
it's not suitable because your subs are dual 4ohm, and the pair wont wire down to 2ohm. for the cheapest route, you'll want an amp that'll do 1000wrms @ 1ohm.

and yes, other manufacturers rate their amps like lanzar does. what you have to always go by id the rms, never go off anything rated as 'peak', 'max', 'dynamic', or anything else. always rms.

Bronze Member

Brookneal, Virginia

Post Number: 20
Thanks Mike, a couple weeks ago I went into a shop and they had a Cadence amp it was kinda old looking and it was orange and I think silver.What do you think that was,I couldn't tell there wasn't any writing on it. I also found and Orion HCCA-D2400 on ebay that was a refurb. though with a 2 year warranty,rated 1200rmsx1 at 1ohm for 173.94 shipped.What ya think?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5515
id look a lanzar vibe 1800d for the budget CTmike

Username: Johnnyzq

Post Number: 4
I lay an order to them,buying this nice similar IPhone instead of the car DVD, I paid it with Paypal. It's really safe.
Please check out my item.
http://www.gizmograbber.com/ProductClass.asp?ClassID=39

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 1361
fu*k you johnny boy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us