Wiring ?

xBrettx
Unregistered guest
Ok I know that a lot of you here dislike Audiobahn but I had got a really good deal on some of their products. I have a Audiobahn A8002t amp the specs are 200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms, 400 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms, 800 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms(bridged). Then I have 2 Audiobahn AW102T's and im not sure if they are dual voice or single coil cuz half of the websites ive been to say one thing and the other half say another. But the question is if they are single voice coil how would i wire them to get 400 watts to each sub? Thanx

Username: Harm

Post Number: 1
yo
im trying to install my amp on my computer and I was just wandering what adaptor or any other power source i can use,My amps a Kenwood 719 watts

Username: Harm

Post Number: 2
zbrettx, do you have any ideas

xBrettx
Unregistered guest
no sorry have no clue

Username: Carlo

Dublin, Dublin Ireland

Post Number: 5
You can use a DC transformer, you can buy them in any good electrical shop. I have seen them with variable output ratings ie you can select the output rating, the DC transformer I have allows me to select a low to high output in increments of .5 of a volt at a time .Check your manual for correct input rating required for your amp, after that is straight forward 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug(from PC) to 2 x Phono Plugs to phono input on the amp.

xBrettx
Unregistered guest
bump

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 420
Don't you hate when someone hijacks your thread? I believe those are Dual 4 ohm subs, though I'm not sure. If that's the case, either wire them the coils in parallel for a 2 ohm load off of each channel of the amp if you want them in stereo, or wire the coils in series, then parallel to the amp in bridged configuration for mono. If they are SVC 4 ohms (which I don't think they are), you're out of luck getting 800W RMS to them with that 2 channel. Look on the back of the sub and see how many connections there are, if there are 4, then it's DVC. There really isn't a way to tell what impedance the coils are but by reading the manual, looking on their site, or trial and error.

xBrettx
Unregistered guest
ok thanx for the help

xBrettx
Unregistered guest
ok one more question. I havnt got the subs in yet but if they are SVC( im not sure if you can do this or not cuz i am new to car audio) but can i still bridge the amp and set it up as 2 ohms but put in some kind of ohm resistor to bump the amp back up to 4 ohms so it does not burn the amp up since it will be trying run 1600 watts @ 2 ohms?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 435
No, that won't work. The resistor will be a load, so if you put, say, a 2 ohm resistor in series with the subs, the load will be a 4 ohm load, So the subs are 2 ohm and the resistor is 2 ohm. The power will divide evenly between the resistor and the subs since they are the same load (2 ohms), so you'll still only get 400 watts RMS to both subs, 200W each. The resistor will just burn off the power as heat, probably burn up quick with 400 watts applied then your amp will go into protection. I'm pretty sure those subs are Dual 4 ohm, though. I know websites state the subs are 4 ohm, but just look at a picture of them and you'll see 4 terminal connections, and I read on one site they were Dual 4, and I know a friend who is running two on a JBL 1200.1, he questioned the wiring but eventually found the JBL 1200.1 could handle a 1 ohm load, so he wired it that way.

hatesthreadjackers
Unregistered guest
i f*cking HATE when someone just jumps in my thread! its not as bad when your questions get answered and they post a question but this right here was just RUDE!!!

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 437
Yeah, I don't answer hijackers unless the original question has been long taken care of. Especially when the second post on the thread is another question from a totally different person. The original poster probably looks at the forum and thinks "Ooh, look someone answered me" then clicks on the topic and sees some stupid question. It's not any more effort to go to the main forum and click the "start new thread" link at the top.

xBrettx
Unregistered guest
ok thanx again for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us