AudioBahn 34" Sub...

daniel stankowski
Unregistered guest
are they just having a laugh or what?

daniel stankowski
Unregistered guest
im thinking of getting one and put it in my wrangler.. what amp would be good for this sub?

daniel stankowski
Unregistered guest
oh and can i use my existing 8gauge wiring?

daniel stankowski
Unregistered guest
will i need a power capacitor? il have 3 batterys wired in parallel

daniel stankowski
Unregistered guest
what type of box would suite the sub best?

daniel stankowski
Unregistered guest
should i get a new altinator?

daniel stankowski
Unregistered guest
how many ohms is this sub?

daniel stankowski
Unregistered guest
should i put a tweeter in the box?

Silver Member
Username: Cainer

Camberley, Surrey England

Post Number: 103
sort it out dan???????????

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 148
This sub is basically made to just show off. LoL! But if you are really serious about getting this behemoth than you should contact Audiobahn and ask them what they recomend. This thing sounds like crap just as a fair warning and is only used for SPL tones.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 422
They actually thought it's a good idea. More of a media thing, kind of a "put us in your magazine, promote us, look at our 34" sub with the hot chick laying in it". Really, if you're going for SPL, get something better. This sub needs huge power, has no sound quality, and is really designed, like Wahl said, for test tones. The sub requires 5000W RMS, you're not going to find amps that put that out 5000 RMS like a normal amp would with real music, an SPL competition amp pushing 5000W RMS puts out power in short bursts on test tones. 4 or less GOOD 18's would eat this sub alive. Surface area is one thing (look at the sub though, the surround takes up half the sub's surface area, it looks like an 18 with a blanket glued to it), getting it to move (X-max) is another. 8 guage isn't going to power 5000W. If you ran a 5000W system, there isn't an alternator that could power a 5000W RMS amp's current draw, that kind of power is generated only when a car is off. The sub is dual 1 ohm. The price tag is 5000 bucks plus what it would take to power it and put it in a box. That tweeter isn't going to do crap. The sub's box would eat your whole Jeep up, rear seat included. I'd look at better subs. Cerwin Vega Strokers, Resonant Engineering X.X.X., Eclipse Titanium Pro, Adire Brahma 15's, maybe even a bunch of JL 13W7's. There is much better that would hit harder off of less money and power.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 425
Here is a picture for ya:
Upload
The surround is ridiculously huge, the actual cone is only something around half the surface area that it potentially could be. Maybe they wanted to make a headrest for the bikini model laying in it.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 152
The surround isn't big at all on the 34". That is the 18" there Jonathan.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=www.autohifi.dk/varer/awt34x%2520og%2520d ame.GIF&imgrefurl=http://www.autohifi.dk/varesider/abb34.htm&h=474&w=600&sz=184& tbnid=b_soGAFE46kJ:&tbnh=105&tbnw=132&start=7&prev=/images%3Fq%3D34%2522%2Bsubwo ofer%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26safe%3Doff

http://www.pagerize.com/soundjamz/images/194394-R1-18A.jpg

Another pic of the sub.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 446
It may be a different model or year, but I found that picture on a website selling the sub, sounddomain, actually, maybe it was just an error and they posted the wrong pic. Now it's discontinued (that one, anyway) so it really doesn't matter. There are newer year models now, even so, I'd take four RE X.X.X. or Eclipse Titanium Pro 18's before that 34" anyday.

Silver Member
Username: Cainer

Camberley, Surrey England

Post Number: 109
yeah its all for show....
Look At Me Im HUGE!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 38
word! that sub is is a waste!!!
hopefully audiobahn is at atl, ga car & stereo show this weekend

Bronze Member
Username: Suppabob

Post Number: 15
Yeah anyone with a 34" sub is probably trying to compensate for something.

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 49
like what?
no show h0e$?

lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us