Replacing antenna

Bronze Member
Username: Bruhneedluv2

Post Number: 32
I have a 1990 Cadillac Eldorado biarritz and I have a wiring problem with my antenna. When I got the car, the antenna was messed up. so I replaced it with an economical one (manual kind you pull up and push down). I wanted to replace the antenna and go with the universal powered one. The wires I have in my car are colored black, orange, and some pinkish color. My power cables are red, blue, and black. The instructions stated that the black cord would have to be grounded, meaning that I could not hook it back up to the black wire in the car. The factory antenna had a relay with it as well. I also read the instructions saying that the mounting bracket had to be grounded in order for it to work. Pertinent to say, I have not had the factory bracket for over a year or so now. but I decided to hook it up anyway.

When I turned my car on, the antenna went up without any problem. But when I turned my car off, it stayed up. Please give me some direction on this. ALL WILL BE APPRECIATED SINCERELY!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 80
If you have everything hooked up right then sounds like it may be defective. But then again you don't have the factory bracket this could be a problem too. If you have a local junk yard around you. Then maybe you should go check there to see if they have one that will fit your car. Cause without the bracket the antenna may not beable to retrack. Listen to it when you turn the car off and see if it sounds like its tring to go down.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us