TYPE R's AMP??????

Username: Pkilla21

Post Number: 1
I just got 2 type r 12'' subs. I wanted to know whats the best amp out there to use? I have a 1000 watt American Eagle amp and a Cuspid U.S.A Model AM-4320 1200 watt amp. Which one is better? Are both amps bullshyt? And should I get a bass cap? If so what kind? I'm looking for quality more so than thump.

Post Number: 4
If anyone has any suggestions please help??

Bronze Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 83
You don't need a cap they are just a gimmick to make money. Do those type R have 4ohm DVCs? And I don't think Cuspid is a very good brand never heard of the other one. But If those subs 4ohm DVC subs you will need to get a 1ohm stable amp. Also what is the RMS power rating on them?

Post Number: 5
4ohm and 300W RMS Power. Have you ever heard the the American Eagle amp. I was told that the jbl 600 1 is probably the best amp for the price.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
No I haven't heard of the eagle but maybe someone else here has and can tell you about them. Anyway you was told right about the JBL 600.1 it will be a great amp for those subs wire them up in parallel to 1 ohms and plug them in the amp. and you will have great sound for years to come. If you are unaware about the wiring here is a diagram.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=2&impedance=DVC4x2

Post Number: 6
thanks a lot JayJ. I was thinking of maybe hooking them up myself but I've never hooked up speakers to a car before. I have a 01 Taurus. Do you think this is too big of a job for me? Should I go to a Pro? And what gauge would you recomend. My friend suggested that I get a 4 gauge amp kit?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
Yeah you should run a 4 gauge wiring kit. If you feel comfortable about doing the install your self then go here and read the long post I posted. It will tell you everything you will need. And where it needs to go.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/51731.html

But if you don't feel safe about it then get a MECP installer to do it for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us