Good Amp for Adire Brahmas?

Caught in the Mix
Unregistered guest
Right now i am in a competition with my friend. He just out did my type r's with his diamond m6's.
i am hoping to whoop him up with some brahmas the only question is what amp should i use to run them.
i would like to save a little money just to gloat that i spent less and still knock harder.
also does anyone know how important the db rating is on an amp. I don't know what it means.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 374
The enclosure constitutes how much power the Brahma will need to reach mechanical x-max. Here is a site selling Brahmas, at the bottom it will tell you, whatever enclosure you're going to use, how much power to put to them to get full performance.
http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/adire_brahm a/
I'd do two Brahma 12's off a JBL 1200.1 amp (Puts out closer to 650-700 watts RMS, it's underrated). Best SQ would be a 1.0 cu ft enclosure, but 1.25-1.5 would get it closer to full x-max off that amp. If you go ported, same amp, 2.0 cu. ft per sub and tuned to 28 hz as Adire Specifications state, tube would be 4" dia and 17" long. Ported would def. reach the X-max. That'll whoop up on the M6's. If you go pure SPL let me know I'll give you more box options. DB rating on the amp is a signal to noise ratio, doesn't constitute how loud the speakers it's running will get per se, but higher is better for sound quality.

Caught in the Mix
Unregistered guest
thanks alot this is what i needed to know.

Bad Math?
Unregistered guest
Jonathan or whom it may concern, my question is this. 2 Brahma 12's at 2 ohms would give 3200watts rms since one brahma on the website is said to be 1600 rms. So is a 1200 watt jbl 1200.1 at 2 ohms enough to power these babies

Bad Math?
Unregistered guest
Jonathan or whom it may concern, my question is this. 2 Brahma 12's at 2 ohms would give 3200watts rms since one brahma on the website is said to be 1600 rms. So is a 1200 watt jbl 1200.1 at 2 ohms enough to power these babies

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 447
That's a thermal rating, not what is required to get the sub to full x-max. They don't rate their subs like a lot of manufacturers do. Go to the site I posted above and you'll understand what I'm talking about. Most Brahmas in a good enclosure won't need more than 800W RMS, really.

Searchin4Enlightenment
Unregistered guest
When you say that most brahmas in a good enclosure won't need more than 800w rms, does that mean every two or every brahma individually will need 800 rms? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Godemiche

Post Number: 35
that is correct...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us