Help

Username: Chris_baller

Penetanguishene, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
First time buyer of car stereo stuff need help with materials needed to hook up and step by step on how to do it can anybody help? I have a blaupunkt cd deck, rockford fosgate amp (punch 200m)and a pair of 10" subs enclosed in box (ppa)whatever that isbrand name or something. Please help

Bronze Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 42
You going to have to give us some info on those subs before we can help you. And some info on the head unit will be needed does it have outputs on the back???

Post Number: 3
the subs ar pyle ppa 10" subs and the cd deck does have outputs on the back.
specs on amp according to manual
model punch 200
max power rating
all channels 400watts
mono into a 4(ohms) load 100watts
mono into a 2(ohms)(upside down "U") load 200watts
signal to noise ratio >100 dB A-weighted
crossover slope 12dB/octave butterworth
crossover frequency variable from 50Hz to 210Hz
crossover type variable AP/LP
frequency response 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 0.5 dB\
bandwidth 10Hz 100 KHz +/-3dB
damping factor @4ohms(at output connecter) >200
slew rate 30 volts/ms
IM distortion <0.05%
source unit compatibility(+15dB gain overlap)17v max (low level in)
equalization (punch bass) switchable from 0dB,6,12
input impedance 20k ohms
now my deck
output power 52.5 watts x 4 channels
frequency response 20 - 20 000 hz
sound to noise ratio 98db
and for the subs i didn't get a manual i got them from the hock shop all i know is that they are pyle ppa 10" subs

ihope thats enuf info if not let me know what else you need

Post Number: 4
by the way my deck is a blaupunkt rpd552 model

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Ok I can help you out now. Just want to let you know before you get the subs hooked up you will prolly not like them. they are not very good subs they will prolly blow out in a week or two. but anyway they are SVC with 8ohm coils so here is a wiring diagram for them to hook up to the amp. when you have them wired then you will want to bridge the amp it should say on the amp how to do this if not post back and I will tell you how.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=2&impedance=SVC8

Things you will need.
A wrench to remove the seat bolt and negative battery post bolt.
A Amplifier install kit. (with speaker wire atleast 16 gauge)
A screw driver for the amp terminals.
Sand paper to sand the metal for the ground wire.
Wirecutters/wire strippers.

To install the amp you will need an amp install kit you can get one from ebay for about 10-40 bucks this kit will need to have 4 gauge wire. and will need to come with a 60amp AGU fuse and fuse holder.

BEFORE YOU START THE INSTALL UNHOOK THE GROUND WIRE ON YOUR CAR BATTERY.

Hooking up the amp. Get the power wire from the kit and run it to the battery. Hook the power wire to the positive post of the battery. There will be a fuse holder that will split the wire this will need to be no longer then 12inches from the battery. (the closer the better) Hook the power wire to the positive terminal of the amp.

Then your ground wire keep in mind this wire should NOT exceed 24inches (again the closer the better). If you will be running the amp under the front seat then you will need to SAND down the metal where the seat mounts to the frame of the car this is where you will need to hook the ground wire. Once you have sanded to BARE metal attach your ground wire. Run the ground wire to the ground terminal of the amp.

Next you can run your interconnects that came with the amp kit. Hook these to the amps first and second channels only. Then run the interconnects to the outputs of the head unit. (If there is a sub out on the radio then these will plug here).

Next your remote wire for the amp. (AKA turn on) This wire will be needed for the amp to come on. Get out the remote wire that came with the amp kit. Hook it to the remote terminal on the amp. Then run your remote wire to the head unit. there will be a remote wire on the head unit (BLUE WIRE). Cut the blue remote wire and tie in the remote wire for the amp then use electrical tape to cover the wires.

Next hook up your speakers using the diagram I posted above.

Now to check for power to the amp. Reattach the ground wire to the car battery. Turn your car key to ACC or crank it. With the radio on look at the light on the amp and see if the power light on the amp is on. If it is then your in business. Make sure the protection light isn't on.

If the power light is on and the subs are working. CONGRATS you have just completed your first install.

GOOD LUCK HOPE THIS HELPS YOU. ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE INSTALL POST BACK AND I WILL ANSWER THE PROBLEM.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Oh yeah and set the crossover on the amp to LP/Low Pass. and tune the amp settings to where you like them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
I just found specs on that amp it is a MONO amp which isn't a problem but you can't bridge it. But you can still use the same speaker wiring diagram. and since it is only 200 watts @2 ohms you will only need a 8 gauge wiring kit this will save you some money. So you don't need a 4 gauge kit cause you will prolly have problems getting the wires into the terminals. So just get an 8 gauge kit but still make sure it has interconnects and speaker wire.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us