No power, Alpine 3553

Username: Carlo

Dublin, Dublin Ireland

Post Number: 1
Hi I recently purchased an Apline amp on ebay,I have also purchased a kicker amp wiring kit. I have connected the amp to + battery with a fuse less than 18 inches from the battery.I grounded the amp and connected the power cable, but the LED is still off. Fuse(s) on amp and power cable are intact, I have installed the amp as per tutorials hosted on the web. There are signs of burnt carbon on the power cable tip when I disconected it from the battery after six days. I disconnected it because the engine light came on, hence went off subsequently. The Car is a VW Polo, it is excatly the same as the Golf. Does anybody have any suggestions I adhered strictly to the Web Tutorials, no matter which tutorial I view they all suggest the same method for connecting the power. Please HELP!!! Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: 88retta

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 43
Did you run a remote wire from your deck ? check the fuse, it might be bad.

Bronze Member
Username: 88retta

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 44
when i said check the fuse, i meant the fuse on the power wire

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 174
Where did you grounded the amp? The lower strusture of a back seat's seat belt is usually the best place! Are sure you connected the remote wire from the head unit to the power amp?

Username: Carlo

Dublin, Dublin Ireland

Post Number: 8
Hi I got the AMP working last night, I just re checked all the connections so far so good no engine light, thanks for your help

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 177
What's the amp's power? What's the stock alternator amperage? You may soon start to damage the stock alternator's regulator if the amp's too powerfull...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us