Need amp to power set of speakers

Username: Klutch

Post Number: 8
Ok im running polk audio all around. front are 120W max and 40W rms. Rear speakers are 300W max and 100W rms. im looking for a nice small amp that will power all of these at their full potential. they are all 4 ohm. is it possible to get an amp that will power the from ones to the full 40W rms and the back one the their full 100W rms? i've been looking but im having trouble with different wiring options that i can do with an amp. any help as far as what wattage amp i need and how i would wire everything would be great.

Username: Warhorsesolox12s

Post Number: 7
kicker has alot of amps you could look at, they have some that would probably work for what you want, i dont remember the name tho. just go to kicker.com, click on car audio products and look at their multi channel or four channel amps. they should help

Post Number: 8
i just looked, the zx350.4 would work, and if your planning to add a sub you could look at the zx700.5. it has four channels that put out 85 watts and another that puts out 420.

Post Number: 9
ok i checked out the amp and i can get it at my local circuit city which is convenient. but its saying here that its puttin out 90W rms x4. that would be fine for the rear one but wouldn't it blow the front ones cuz those can only take 40W rms. unless there is a certain way to wire it at the amp which i wouldn't know how to do

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
you should be able to adjust output level for the channel set you connect the front speakers to. if you get it connect it to the same set and there should be a control for adjusting that, it could be called sensitivity, or volume, or alot of different names. but that amp should work fine. it should be good, and just keep it down untill you figure out how to lower the front speakers output, other then that it should be fine

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
so connect both front speakers to one channel? o yeah that would make sense cut it splits the power in half between the two. ok
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us