Remote on

daven22
Unregistered guest
Right now, i dont have my amp hooked up to my head unit (stock for the moment) and im running it threw high pass, so how can i get the remote on to turn on? Right now i have a wire going from the power wire right by it, to the remote on that gives it 12v. Another way you know of? And would it hurt to leave it on even if the car and stereo is off or would that kill the battery...

Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 18
Yes it can still run your battery down being like that. You really shouldn't have it hooked up like that. You can pull the factory radio out and hook it up to the remote wire from that wiring harness cause even factory head units have a remote wire. You should run it like that not like it is now.

Bronze Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 60
Or usually under the sterring column you can find a wire that is hot when the car is on or in acc mode. You can use a meter that you can get from walmart to test it for an open circuit.

Anonymous

davids all amps RECOMMEND that the remote wirebe hooked to the remote wire on the HEAD UNIT you may need to read a little.

Bronze Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 65
anonymous it recommends that yes you are correct but does everything that is recommend always work the right way. NO. Therefore there are other ways to do things besides the recommend way. So before you try to be a wise A$$ do a littl research yourself. Im honestly a bit tired of you trying to think you know all when you know nothing. YOu wont even register as a real person. So until you do please do not try to tell me im wrong.

Have a good day.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 217
For a good remote place try the many fuse boxes located inside and under the hood. Look for ones like ACC, IGN, Radio. Coil the remote wire around that and flip the key. If the AMP light stays on with out the key in the ignition then move it to a different fuse.

daven22
Unregistered guest
Sweet patrick, that sounds like it should work easily, ill try that in the morning, thanks for the advice all!

BLa
Unregistered guest
Daven... hey... dont listen to all this crap people are feeding you, you can wire your own remote wire if you like, I recommend you put a switch on the circuit though, so that you don't run down your battery. Take a wire from your amp power source, up to your dash somewhere, wire a switch in and then take the wire back to your remote. Works fine for me and I didnt have to take my dash apart for the sake of connecting one stupid wire. Ive never had my battery go flat yet... if it works it works... right?

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 220
If you feed the remote to the right fuses in your car you dont need to have a switch, the car will do it automatically. And you dont need to take a dash apart. Fuse boxes are under the hood and usually inside by the driver area.

daven22
Unregistered guest
My fuses are inside under the stearing wheel, but im not sure how to go about doing it, do i take out the fuse, then wrap it around the metal part, then stick it back in?

Daven22
Unregistered guest
ok i wraped it around the ac one, and it comes on, but when i shut the car of, the ligh on my amp stays lit...

Bronze Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 25
then change it to another one. keep changing fuses until you find one that will turn off with the car. try the radio fuse that one will work.

daven22
Unregistered guest
the radio fuse didnt work, but i found a radio assesory fuse and tried it there, works perfectly now, thanks for the help everyone!

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 222
That will do it, works for me!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us