WoUlD EvErY OnE StFu AbOuT HoW sHi@#Y aUdIoBaHn Is

Bronze Member
Username: Davidmeyer

Oshkosh, Wisconsin United State...

Post Number: 31
Damn, i mean im not for them but when ever some one asks a ? all you imature bit@hes are like get new subs, or that sh@# blows. Damn, some day they will score big.

Bronze Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 87
only if they start making there products better quality

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 211
There's no light at the end of the tunnel for Audiobahn. I just tell it like it is, Audiobahn is bad quality.

Bronze Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 17
David first off I would like to tell you that you are a dumb@ss. I have read some of your post and they are just STUPID whats the deal? Why post if you don't even know what the hell you are talking about. Just shutup and let other people that do know the answer. Don't just post a bunch of crap and make it even worse for the person so do you really think you should be posting this crap about audiobahn. I don't like audiobahn because all that company wants to do is make pretty subs that sell. They don't care about the sound of them. And last thing if you don't like what we tell you about your audiobahn subs then post your problems on another forum. This isn't the only forum about car audio you know.

Dood
Unregistered guest
Audiobahn sucks.

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 28
no my 1206t rock and so does my girls immortal series

some of audiobahn suck!!! so does jl/kicker pioneer

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 318
Audiobahn Immortals are a f*cking joke. Just look at the Thiele-Small parameters. They claim to take 2000W RMS, and everyone will tell you they need that much power to move halfway decent. They list an x-max of only 14.5 mm. The surface area of them is 490 cm^2. You can get subs with those ratings for less than 200 bucks. There are subs out there that will hit a 32 mm x-max with more surface area with half the power, and they'll sound better. If you need 2000W RMS to get 14.5 mm x-max, it's just sad. Audiobahn really does suck. The reason you see so much Audiobahn flaming on the forum is because that's the brand most people ask about. Do a search. There are 100s of threads saying "2 Flame Q's, good idea? They look so good" Of course we're quick to say they suck, we'd say the same if there were 100s of Boss, Legacy or Sony posts, it's just that Audiobahn pops up more.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidmeyer

Oshkosh, Wisconsin United State...

Post Number: 32
ha jayj and you no what your tlkin about

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
not true jon aw12ist-immortal > 800watt
hits deep, very, very deep

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 364
It's still only a 14.5mm x-max. It's their "top of the line" woofer. Nothing special about it at all.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
know a little more then you do david. You are the one crying about us telling you your audiobahn sucks if you don't like what we are telling you tell go somewhere else.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
meaning...you heard it move?
no....you cant really hear it
you can only feel it....
and you r right about the 14.5mm x-max
it is too low for the price $250.00 for
the immortal series she brought...
but it hit like he!l

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Lots of subs hit like he!!. Is this suppose to impress us. I don't think so. I wouldn't take those subs if you bought them and gave them to me.
I have seen Legacy subs hit like he!!. does this mean they are good subs. (NO). You should also try thinking about things like how long will these subs last?? And what about the SQ of them is it good? Or is it just a bunch of muddy crap. Must subs even cheap brands hit this because that is what they was made for but that doesn't mean they are good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
well...if thats the case,
the sq/spl is great for the price that was
payed. she had the sub for a year now, blew a few
ampp<yeah> i will admit, the immortal series is not really meant for sq...mostly for spl and thats it!
with the bass boost off, it sound great, smooth is the word. bass booth on, a$$ out of the car and post out side the park or club...breaths taking really

my homeboy pull up with his 4 13w7 - tahoe
hit,get low, he!l sq is out the window! that sick a$$ bass is all about breaking glass and heart attacks.

all im saying is them comp sub are not really for sq, some are<yeah>

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
True I agree with you about the comp version subs. And if she has had them for a year and she is happy with them then I say stay with them then. But in my opinion I wouldn't take them. But if thats what she wants good deal stay with them. I always buy the equipment that makes me happy the he!! with what others think about it as long as I'm happy with the set up myself.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 380
14.5 mm x-max isn't exactly designed for SPL. I can give you a good list of subs that will hit 30+ mm x-maxes. There are a lot of great SPL/SQ subs out there also, Brahmas, RE X.X.X's, ID Maxxes, Eclipse Titaniums, etc. Yeah, SQ is out the window above a certain db level.

Bronze Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

Bc Canada

Post Number: 52
i have only one thing to say. audio is better than sony xplod!......on the other hand there both crap!

Bronze Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

Bc Canada

Post Number: 53
audiobahn i mean!

Sony and Audiobahn Suck
Unregistered guest
True, Very True Mak.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
lol funny
some of audiobahn is....

topdawg
Unregistered guest
do any of you have a suggestion on type of subs to get i just got a sony xplod 1000w mono amp ms-3001sxd for $80 canadian... im not sure what this will pull RMS but im lookin for a pair of subs any suggestions on something relativly cheap makin $7/hour canadian

Anonymous

you guys are so stupid audiobahn is really good, and the kid that says his friend has 4 w7's? bullshit, the windows would shatter if they were powered at all you poeple are so stupid and you're all lying audiobahn is good, and yes sony xplod is very shitty very very shitty

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3522
1: learn to use some punctuation.
2: four 13W7s would require four 1000/1 amps, and while the SPL would be in the 150s depending on enclosure design, he's not going to break any windows with that. Especially not in something with the air volume of a Tahoe.
I was in a demo van that could hit 168dB, which is enough sound pressure to stop a person's heart, and I'll tell you it was physically painful to sit in. Makes your chest hurt, and it's hard to breathe. To reach this level however, the van was running on AC line current, with over 27,000 watts of power from amplifiers, and had a wall of twelve 15" Kicker C-series subs across teh back, and a load of components for mids/highs.
remember every time you climb up +3dB, you need twice the power or displacement to do it.

Now, until you can offer some credentials to back up your thoughts on Audiobahn, you're still welcome to your opinion, but that's all it really is.
Jon and myself are both professionals with experience in the retail, installation, and competition circuit world. If we offer up criticism on a product, it's usually based on a lot of experience.

Bronze Member
Username: Bruhneedluv2

Post Number: 48
Man, when it comes to car audio the pros are mean as hell. WOW!!! Glasswolf and Jon, cut us newbies a lil slack LOL!!! a lot of us know we have sh'tty subs and wants somebody out there to either share in our pain or joy.

Glasswolf and Jon, you all are the sh't. I will co-sign you there; there is no doubt in that. I have also read that you have worked and owned shops as well. But don't you all think for once that you all are mean? :-( You all crush folks in here with ruthless aggression and may give off the tone like,"HA! Top that, you b'tch!"

I know you all don't have the time to always break subjects down for people, that it is up to those persons to research the products and ascertian what they want in a product. Personally, I would want the flat piston subs from Phase Linear because of space reasons, but only after research. But what about those that can not afford those products? something about the crappy products got their attention and they want to use them. being that you all are like masters in the field and some of us are trying to learn, make it to where it is like teacher/student level.

Honestly, I have 3 degrees: bachelor's in marketing, a masters in marketing and a masters in HR Management. On top of all of that, I am a notary public. when I "help" someone, I try to break it down into terms that a five year old could understand, or at least the level of who I am talking to about those areas. I can be pompous about it all and tell them that they are stupid for making the choice, but what good would that do? Yeah, it is true they opened their bigs mouth and asked for it. But why not suggest something to them that if the crap is what they chose as a product can sound better? Because let's face it you get what you paid for.

Personally, if someone has a bad idea or has purchased bad products, I would not shoot them down entirely. I would at least ry to know thier intentions and go from there.

Isn't the objective of the forum to teach those who have less knowledge than others in a conducive manner.

Let me ask the pros a question and I want you all break it down for me in COMPLETE DUMMY terms. Im an educated man . I can handle being ignorant to some things and everyday is a learning process for me.

On paper would you say that a 10" sub with 400 rms, spl 89db, Fs 30Hz, Qts 0.5288, Qes 0.5648, Qms 8.2866, and Vas 30L is a decent sub or not and then tell me why in COMPLETE DUMMY terms. there will be no rebuttal from me on this one because I truly want to understand all of this!!!!

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 612
The Thiele Small parameters really won't tell you the durability of the sub. They can guide you on what to expect from the system as far as enclosures, sound quality and SPL, but durability comes from using good components in that mix, something no paper will reflect unless it's a parts list and pictures of the manufacture.

Anonymous

I think with the right power, any sub will hit. It is up to the consumer what he/she thinks is good to them though. I own a pair of 1206t's, hooked up to two seperate hifonics brutus 1000 watters and I would'nt ever take that system out of my car unless it was a carjacking, or one of you people talking down let me hear something better, for everyday driving that is.

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 51
bruh there is one thing I feel that you are wrong about. First off read the title of this thread and tell me that Jon and Glass are the aggressive ones. Then goto the subwoofer main page and see how many articles are about audiobahn, its rediculous. Yes it is up to the consumer to research but obviously no one on this forum knows how to scroll through a window or read. Its been said way too many tims before that audiobahn's quality is bad granted some people might get lucky and find a good set that'll last but the majority of people dont. I assure you that this isnt the only forum that bashes audibahn. If people would not open aggressive topics or restate the same question 8 million times a week and just look through the active threads they just might find something. Thanks to this forum i plan on purchasing a pair of Oz Audio Vector2s in 12 in for my VW with a hifonics amp. All at good prices and some free shipping. If need be when it comes time to build my boxes I'll be right back here asking questions. Its all in a simple phrase. In order to get resect you have to give it. Glass and Jon give respect to anyone who starts the thread right and I respect them for their knowledge, I have picked up a lot on this forum and have been trying to help people out myself with the knowledge I have.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Im not saying that they are the aggressive ones. they are the most experienced. what I am about to say is a "what if" situation: what if someone told you that you were crap because you got Ph.D in oh lets say basketweaving. you know that you are crap but would like to hope in thinking that you are not because you made your choice.

all Im saying is that it is funny as hell to me. People come in here and get blasted by the pros. I was just wondering if they could say, " hey your equipment is okay but there are better things out there. if you decide to go with that brand then get the most out of it. give us something to look at least since it is not the brand names that we recommend." or something like that.

Honestly I would expect the big dogs in here to actually enjoy the forum already knowing that they have the expertise and merely chuckle to themselves about what they have or may offer advice on the crap. Spare somebody some dignity LMAO!!!!

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 623
Nobody's crap, even if they do have a degree in basketweaving. Everyone is equal, and as long as you're happy with what you're doing, who gives a sh*t what everyone else thinks? My dad worked his a$$ off for little or nothing, but if some rich snob rocket scientist tries to look at me or him like he's better, I'm more than happy to tell him right off. Same with the subs, if you're happy with them, that's what matters because you're the one who listens to it everyday, not us. It's just guys like Mr. Anonymous up there claiming two flame Q 12's hit 162.4 db, I'm quick to call that load of bullshit because it's not true.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3591
bruhneedluv2,

my sharp tongue was directed at the person who started his post with "you guys are so stupid."
That in itself was asking to get slapped down, considering what followed in his post was total horse hockey.
I don't go out of my way to be nasty, but I come across very bluntly to people, and it's been pointed out before. I usually don't get actively aggressice unless someone provokes it though.
Keep in mind, many of these threads start out with "what do you think of..."
when they ask for my opinion, I'll call a spade a friggin' shovel. :-)
The ones that do annoy me though are the people who arepurposefully lazy. When we have 4 active threads about audiobahn, and someone starts a fifth, then I point out his questions are well answered in the other threads.. all he has to do is go look. No, he says, "give me direct links. I don't wanna go look." That' or someone asks for what we all think of a product, then upon getting an honest answerthe person responds by calling us idiots. Gotta love that.

Anyway I spent a fair amount of time writing FAQs and answering posts.. I guess if I really bother someone they can always just ignore my posts.

Yeah, I have a degree in English and E.E., but it doesn't really define me as being better than someone else.. I'm just experienced in this particular field, and wisdom comes from experience. I'm hoping some of it will rub off and I can save people the pain of bad decisions.

Username: Flashflood

Post Number: 7
Ive only been coming to this forum for like a week...
But Its not hard to tell who the 2 most knowledgeable members are.(Jon and GlassWolf)
That being said...
I dont think its fair to take what
ANYONE says as gospel, without atleast trying
or finding it out for yourself...
That goes for anything I suppose...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
I'm glad to know that you all are really down to earth, Glass and Jon. I guess the word "crap" just gets me. You two are all right with me. I appreciate you all taking out the time to explain things to us that don't know.

Shoot! Based on the info in here, I have suggested the Adire Shivas to my friend. He like the way the Koles looked, but I told him if he wants to slump (ebonics for wake the dead with his system) to go for those. I am going to stick with my shiny chrome just to say I done it. It is a part of my project to p'mp my ride, cadillac eldorado 2 door coupe the next ride i get will have comp equipment in it. All adire, eclipse, and hifonics. those amps are awesome to me, hands down one of the best. if not that then it will be jbls for the amps.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3604
my main reason for using the word crap, is that crap happens to be one of teh few words the profanity filter doesn't kill on this forum. *laugh*
Anything I see with a very high failure rate and very poor performance record usually gets my stamp of craptastic though.. I'm the first to admit, in all fairness, that I am very picky though. I have high expectations for things, and as long as you keep that in mind reading my posts, it can help you I suppose.. at least you know if I recommend something, it should last. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
yeah you do help out a lot. no doubt in that.

Username: Toneloc

Post Number: 9
props to glasswolf and jon keep teaching these rookies how to do their work. big ups

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
yeah i have agree, since ive visit this forum, ive brought and tried a lot of different audio equipment. and im one of the luck ones, my aw1206t sound great, im deaf so ive put the sub thru a lot of high volume testing. now their amp sucks it keep shuting off after 30min of hard play on a hot day........i hate that. im looking for a amp that doesnt cut off. my volume is at 20+ each day

but glass and jon are right, audiobahn stuff sucks alot of it...nuff said

Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 3
how about you get yourself an amp fan or two?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3634
for cooling, take a look at sounddomain.com, then find the PAC CF1 fans
you'll like them.. they're slick.
designed just for car amps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
the gian was up too high, i had forgot to lower it, while palying a around with the amp

eclipise ti......here i come

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 152
why did you revive this retarded thread?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us