Need a amp

piper
Unregistered guest
i need an amp to push 2 kicker L7's dvc 2 ohms 750 watts rms 1500 peak? please & thank you

Bronze Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 57
jbl 1200.1 wired at 2 ohms

piper
Unregistered guest
thank you

piper
Unregistered guest
what do you think about visonik v900xd 1800 watt digital class x block amp? Its rated at 750x1 @ 4ohms 1000x1 @ 20hms and 1500x1 @ 1 ohm. iwas told by the guy's at iu ( the biggest install shop around here) that i should run the L7's 1 ohm. please let me know what you think thank you

Anonymous

no don't get that amp thats a crap amp. the JBL 1200.1 is 1ohm stable go with it. You will regret getting that visonik when you hear it you will be happy you got the JBL then. do like David said and wire it @ 2ohms that will give you 1200 watts RMS. and that guy you talked to is an IDIOT you can't wire them @ 1 ohm. they can be wired @ 0.5 ohms, 2 ohms, and 8 ohms not 1 ohms that guy is just stupid. If you don't beleive me here is a wiring diagam print it out and go back up there and tell them you want to see their MECP install license and (IF) they have them tell them to go back to SCHOOL.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=2&impedance=DVC2x2

Anonymous

You would have to buy 2 amps to wire them @ 1 ohms each. If you want to do that then you should get 2 JBL 600.1 amps

piper
Unregistered guest
thanks i'm going up there right now to let them know what you think thanks for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us