Hifonics or PG

Username: Rmike21561

Maryland USA

Post Number: 5
Checking out ebay and have two choices. Hifonics bx1500d (1500w@1ohm) or Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1 (1200w@4ohms). The Hifonics is $248 and the PG is $295. Has anybody out there heard either of these? Any help would be greatly appreciated because I live in the middle of nowhere and am forced to use the internet for help rather than just going down the street to best buy or circuit city etc. Thanks.

Buddy
Unregistered guest
I know the Hifonics amp is real good. I know a few buddies that have those amps and they are sweet! Never had a problem with them at all.

Maryland USA

Post Number: 6
Thanks. Do you know if he had it wired down to 1 ohm or not. I have two 4ohm Type Rs and can only get a 4 or 1 ohm load. Just wanted to make sure it is really stable at 1 ohm.

Buddy
Unregistered guest
Oh yeah. Had two 4ohm subs wired in parallel. It was a 1ohm load and they did perfect.

Maryland USA

Post Number: 7
Thanks. I was looking at component speakers too. Any recomendations for about $150? MB Quart...Infinity...Alpine...?

Buddy
Unregistered guest
I couldn't really tell you much about the components. Maybe one of these other guys could tell you something.

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 27
infinity - 6x9 three way rear
5 1/4 twoway or components- front

warning - the tweeter r loud, so have a good sub and amp

Maryland USA

Post Number: 8
hey dgod,
Hows the mid bass on the 5 1/4 compared to the 6 1/2 components. Need something I can crossover at 80 hz. Its a 2k explorer so I can do either all the way around. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us