Amp Overheating, advice needed (glasswolf)

Tyler Durden
Unregistered guest
I have 2 12" rockford fosgate punch HE's (400w max) running off a kenwood kac-7201 800w max (460 RMS). ( i know kenwood isnt that good).There hooked up parrellel for 460x1. the problem is the amp overheats and shuts off. The problem occurs mostly during the day and never at night when it is cool. I regrounded it and its sanded down well and making good contact. i even returned the amp and got another and it still happens with the second amp. Ive tried everything i can think of and the setting isnt even at its highest. Any help would be appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 161
How are the speakers/sub contacts? If just one isn't PERFECT, and I mean PERFECT, a weak amp such as yours (and mine - Alpine), will suffer from the current variations resulting from bad contacts. And when I say bad contact, I mean those you can't tell just by looking, you have to pull and see that it stays connected to the terminal...

Tyler Durden
Unregistered guest
so i have to take my subs out of the box? i dont think that is it, becuz i bought the subs and box off my friend and he had no problem with them, and it is a RF box from the factory. but ill look into that thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 31
do you hae each sub running to a seperate channel and not bridged together.

Tyler Durden
Unregistered guest
they are bridged.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us