KX1200.1 in protect mode

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 441
Well I don't know how I managed to do this, system has been installed with no problems or changes for months. KX1200.1 is in protect mode AND drains my battery when it is hooked up but powered OFF. I can't see any fuses on the exterior of the amp, are they inside?

I'm debating whether to take it to an audio shop or just open it up myself and see if I can find anything wrong. Any ideas what to look for?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8322
When it's powered off are there any lights on?

Check your wiring with DMM, if not that it sounds like a bad amp...... but thats surprising considering it's a kicker.

Silver Member
Username: Durski

Post Number: 443
I stopped at a shop while on lunch today and have a few things to test when I get home (If the sun is still up).

#1 - Run new ground.

#2 - I need a new battery. I'm using the stock battery and it's gone dead a few times. any rec's for 1200rms?

#3 - Gonna unhook the sub and see if the protect light is still on. They said it could be a possible ohm issue (99% sure my ohm config is correct though).

#4 - New alt time. If this is due to my battery being shot, might as well get a HO alt as well as a new battery. Grrr... was hoping I didn't need to do this, apparently I do.

#5 - With new batt and alt comes big 3... and I thought I was done with audio in my car... you're never done.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us