Uh oh.. blown amp?

Spud
Unregistered guest
Ok so I bought a Pioneer X952 amp.. it's a 2 channell yada yada.. anyways.. I hooked it up to my MTX 6000 SVC.

Me and my friend tried to hook the ground wire up to a screw to the body kinda.. but it kept blowing fuses.. so I decided to hook it up to the outside body.. then I connected the negative battery cable.. and SOMETHING started smokin.. so I disconnected the battery again.. then put the ground wire to the frame of the passanger chair.. all metal. Turned everything on.. everything seemed ok. Amp power light was on.. radio was on.. speakers were playing but the sub was not. I tried to hook up a different sub.. and that didn't hit either. So I don't think it's the sub.

Is there any way the amp could blow but still recieve power? ie: power light is on.. but no power to the sub?

Maybe it's something else.. o and if it helps when we had the ground connected to the screw it hit for a bit then the fuses blew..

O, and the fuses won't blow at all now. We also changed from 25a fuses to 30a.

Whatcha think guys?

Anonymous

sounds like its blown to me.

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 19
get a jl/1000

and 4g or 0g wiring

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 201
Sounds pretty blown to me. If i was you i would call up pioneer and have them fix it- there might be a warranty or something. Dont go to the local shop because they will make you by a new AMP, but that may be wise. Make sure next time you have a solid spot for a ground.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us