Which amps would be recommended for 4 re xxx 15s

Username: King_assassin

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 4
Would appreciate some recommendations for amps to run 4 re xxx 15s. dont want to go over 4 amps and yes the electricle system will be upgraded. this is a daily driver but will consider entering competitions in the future. vehicle is a chevy tahoe. which amps would you recommend that actually put out the wattage they post or at least most of it?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6483
post a budget.

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 5
budget looks like i'll be payin between 4 and 5000 for the speakers so maybe a budget of around 4 to 5000 for the amps. price really doesn't matter to a certain extent.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2336
Well, are you looking for good numbers as well as loudness? These subs will sound great and get decently loud, but will not give you great numbers on the meter. They are VERY inefficient as well, so look for around 2500 rms per sub to move it good.

Where are you getting the subs from?

Kevin

Bronze Member

Natchez, Ms Us

Post Number: 13
was either going to order the subs from somewhere on the internet or go to the nearest dealer. you say they will get loud but not give great numbers. which subs would you recommend that get lound and give great numbers. i currently have 2 dual 2ohm re audio MT 15s in my truck but i need to get a better box done. would you recommend that i just get 2 more MT 15s? i am currently running them on the autotek mm4000.1. cant really find another one because its no longer in production. the site i found showing them has them on back order but they must have not realized that they are no longer in production. what amps would you recommend i get the power 4 MT 15s. i was thinking about getting 2 rockford fosgate 4000. it can be strapped but needs a 2 ohm load but 4 dual 2 speakers would put them at 1 ohm dont think that would work. what amp would you recommend? dont want to go over 4 amps and also do you think that jbl 6000 gti would be enough to power all 4 or would i need 2?

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1575
jbl is a great amp but way overpriced and 6k would be enough to daily beat them i would go with 2 rd 3250.1

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2340
Are you dead set on RE bud?? After the change they have went down hill. The MT's are now built in China, so if you got your subs a couple months ago, then the parameters will be off and you will have issues. I don't care what anyone says, you can send an american sub to china to be built as a replica but it will be different and not for the good.

I know a couple competitors that can't keep cones ont he MT's now since the switch as well. I would HIGHLY recommend something different ALL AROUND for what you want. If you want, shoot me an email and I can give you some options and such, but if you really want to stick with RE I can give you some decent deals on them as well.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us