I got a little problem, need some assistance

Username: Jratoms

Post Number: 1
First off I want to apologize if this is in the wrong section.

OK here is the problem, my sub works sometimes and sometimes it don't. The amp powers up every time I turn the radio on but I don't always get sound from my sub. My head unit is the Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD, amp is a Xterminator XT2000D that is bridged, thats all I really know about the amp, I was told that it is a Class "D" Sub amp that is rated @ 2000 watts max at a 2 Ohm load, Sub is a 10" Lightning Audio Strike S3.10vc2 Dual 4 Ohm wired parallel with a 2 Ohm load, I did put a multi-meter on the sub and it reads 1.8 Ohms sub is rated @ 500 watts RMS and 1500 Max. I really am clueless as to what to try next as I think I have covered everything short of buying a new amp, the head unit is brand new about 3 days old actually any advise or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 439
hook up another sub to see if the amp is putting out power, if that doesnt work, then get a mp3 player with a y split, and plug that in the inpur rca's, if that dont work, your amp is most likely garbage

Username: Jratoms

Post Number: 2
Alright thanks for the tip, I don't have another sub to try I'll have to ask around with some people around here, (I'm new to the area so I don't know a lot of people here but I'll see) but when I hooked up the Ipod I got very little sound at first, like I couldn't hear it only feel the sub moving a little bit that lasted about 30 seconds then that quit as well, again thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us