Dvd Head Unit Dims When Bass Hits

Username: Glacierbreak432

Blasdell, New york United States

Post Number: 1
Hi there i have a little problem in my cherokee with the audio system. I have a eonon dvd head unit and it dims when the bass hits. The subs have a 3f cap on the them but i dont think its the subs that are causing the problem. When i hit the kill switch on the subs and the subs are off all together the head unit still dims when only the door speakers hit. In the door i have 6*9's pushing 400watts per speaker with 200 watts rms, in the back i have stock replacments at around 100 watts per speaker. I think i need a Capacitor for each 6*9 but i could be wroung. im trying to stay away from buying another amp but if it will fix the problem ill do it. If i could use CAP's can u please tell me what size to buy and the same with the amp if need be. PS. Brand new battery in truck just put in a day ago with 1000 cold crank amps and 1000 researve amps. That's what the guy said at autozone lol. Thanks alot

Bronze Member
Username: Klutch

Post Number: 17
upgrade your "big 3" wiring to 4 gauge

Username: Caddieldoman98

Austin, Mn U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
Try running a constant wire from from your battery directly to H.U. and a new accessorie wire .

Username: Caddieldoman98

Austin, Mn U.S.A.

Post Number: 3
otherwise you may have a speaker wire grounding out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us