Kicker Vs. Hifonics

Bronze Member
Username: 71_chevelle

Post Number: 61
I was wondering which amp is better?

KICKER ZX2500.1
HIFONICS BRUTUS BXi2608D

They both push about the same watts but the HIFONICS BRUTUS BXi2608D is cheaper than the KICKER ZX2500.1
is it better to pay more or would I be fine with just the HIFONICS BRUTUS BXi2608D?

I'll be pushing 2 12" PIONEER PREMIER TS-W3001D2 subs
I do have the subs but no amp to push them.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

15 SI Mag9.1=Boom, New Jersey Jerzee Playa

Post Number: 613
Kicker by far is a better amp...The kicker is 2 ohm stable..the Hifonics is 1 ohm stable.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8289
They do not do the same power. Hifonics are overrated by about 20%. The kicker is a much higher quality amplifier.

Also, the hifonics is 1 ohm stable which will not work for you. You have 2 dual 2 ohm subs which cannot wire to 1 ohm. The kicker is 2 ohm stable, that WILL work.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Thank you for your advice!!

And if i parallel wire the 2 subs then i can run it at one ohm correct? so would the kicker still be able to power the two subs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
I was doing some more looking around and i found this amplifier Pioneer PRS-D2000SPL i was wondering how this compared up to the kicker amp? i know its about 500 watts less but its a well known name brand.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2270
No, you will need to wire your subs in series-parallel for a 2 ohm load on the Kicker.

Kevin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
Ohhh ok ok and can you provide a picture on how i would wire in series-parallel?? i'm not sure i understand how to do that. i know this is one way to wire it for one ohm but idk how to do it for a 2 ohm
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Blue1ce

Post Number: 15
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2DVC_2-o hm_mono.jpg

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
Sweet thank you.

But i believe my subs are 1 or 4 ohms not a 2 ohm speaker so will that wiring still work of my subs??

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Nobody fuccks, With the jesus

Post Number: 979
TS-W3001D2 is a dual 2

you would have to run them at 2 ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Yes, they are a dual 2 ohm sub then why does pioneer say the ohm rating is one or four ohms?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Subwoofers/Champio n-Pro/TS-W3001D2%7CD4?tab=B

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Since the wiring has to come out to be at 2 ohms on the subs, then the pioneer amp wont push the two subs at only 1500 watts at 2 ohms right?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Amplifiers/Champio nshipSeries/PRS-D2000SPL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us