What amp for two 1000 watt subs

Username: Chrisilver

Post Number: 3
I am planning on buying two 12" 1000 watt rms Fi Q subs. Can you suggest are some good amps to power these these subs.

Dual 1ohm or dual 2 ohm?

What is the BP power option?

Ficaraudio.com

Thanks, Chris

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1898
Do you or will you have the electrical to support 2K watts? Whats your budget?

(Just making sure so you don't waste your time)

Silver Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 128
first off i would say one Fi Q would do the job of what you are looking for unless you are really looking to rock your ride. you put a good quality sub like the Q into a properly built box and run it with clean power from a good amp and it will surprise you. the answer to your question, if you want an amp that will supply the power and not blow your budget you could do an Audioque amp. the 2200D series is nicely priced and would give the correct power to each. the BD power option on the subs is to make them able to handle a little more than 1000 rms. if you get one sub you want a dual 2 ohm so u can wire it down to 1 ohm. if you get 2 subs you want both to be the dual 1 ohm so u can wire each to 2 ohms and then bridge them down to 1 ohm. the link for that AQ amp is http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps2200D.htm another good amp but more expensive is a rockford fosgate T2000BD amp. you could also do a Sundown amp and many others.. its all in your preference and what you want to pay for one.

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the replies.
No I don't have the electrical suport for this kind of power but Ill upgrade it accordingly, I'm really just trying to get a good starting point, nothing is set in stone yet.

Silver Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 129
well the Fi Q is a great subwoofer to go with. It will give you great SQ and if you want it to be loud and have SPL as well, place in a large ported enclosure, in its recommendations of course and you can have SQL. If you want deeper lows go with a 15 Q or even an 18 Q if you have that type of space. if you want a good amp to push it, i would say a JL 1000/1, but it is expensive. however, the amp is worth it, in my opinion. i have a 500/1 and i cant believe the difference in sound quality. i had always ran RF amps and thought JL amps were over priced but now that i own one i see the difference. but thats only if you have that type of cash to spend. the reason why this amp is so "good" is because it will produce the same rms between 11 and 14.5 volts and from 1.5 ohm to 4 ohm.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2222
That is incorrect information. That amp will not produce the same amount of wattage at various voltage. From 1-4 ohm it will, but not voltage. Talking another game there.

Kevin

Post Number: 5
I have a 2005 civic lx coupe. I was planning on having each sub in it's own sealed box or both in one box up against the rear seats. I still want to have some room in the trunk just for a few things. Think I should stick with the 12"s or go for 15"a? There the same wattage and only 20 $ more.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8083
Rated Power: 1000 W RMS @ 1.5 ohm - 4 ohm (11V-14.5V)

Shawn was correct here the slash series amps do have regulated power supplies.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5447
if you want room bro, 15s are out of league.

Why don't you grab 1 12 in a nice ported box, that should be plenty loud, i had a coupe like yours, so i'm not talking cr4p and stuff.

Just a nice advice.

Post Number: 6
Ok, I looked over the costs and measured my trunk space, and I think one sub with be good for me. But the question is whether to get a 12" or a 15". The 15 is only 20$ more. Does the 15" sound less clear or muddy than the 12? What are reasons to get each size. The only thing that concerns me is that my trunk is only 16.5" high at the lowest point so would a fifteen even fit?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5452
15=LOUDER
12= in theory, will catch lower notes.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3800
AQ1200D on AQ HDC3 12" or 15" with copper coils or Fi BL or Q 12" or 15" with no options would sound good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us