Amp suggestions needed

Username: Wickedbass

Post Number: 3
First off I would like to say hello to all. I have been a member for a while but have mainly been reading through threads trying to increase my knowledge of car audio. I am looking for a sub amp for my system and am open for suggestions.

First the needed info...
I have an alpine headunit and upgraded electrical system which includes an iraggi alternator (115 idle/ 200max), two kinetic HC2400s in the trunk and an optima yellow top under the hood, all 0 gauge wire, and the big three upgrade. The subs I have are two JL 13w7s each sitting in 3 cubes ported. Subs will be facing forwards sealed off from the trunk.
I have a few amps in mind already and was wondering what you all thought about these. Sundown saz-3000d, RD audio 3250.1 or an AudioQue aq2200d. Still not sure if I am going to run the subs at 1.5 ohms or .75ohms (suggestions needed on that too).

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6419
from the ones' posted i'd go with the sundown.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8033
With most amps running below rated impedance is not a good idea. So I would wire to 1.5 ohms and out of the amps listed would choose the RD since that gives you the most power and those are all very good quality amplifiers.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2213
Either would be great amps. I would wire to 1.5 to make sure you don't over power the subs though. Shoot em an email bud, I can help you on either Sundown or RD.

Kevin

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the info and opinions guys.

Kevin, PM sent.

Silver Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 131
get you a JL 1000/1 amp for each of those subs. theyll put out 1000 continously pretty much no matter what. you'd be surprised just how well they will make your subs sound.

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2221
The JL 1000/1 is very expensive and not very efficient. I would suggest others.

Kevin

Post Number: 5
I had considered the JL 1000/1 before but even being able to get two of them at cost would still have run me over a thousand dollars.

Kevin, I am now strongly considering the RD 3250.1. Could you take a paypal payment?

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2224
Sure can pimp. Just email me and I'll give you all the info and run down :-)

Kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us