Building complex system and questions about Alpine processors, Zapco amps, ED 7K.V2 subs

Username: Lcat

Post Number: 1
Planing to use Alpine IVA-505 headunit with Bluetoth phone, ipod and nav, XM and rear video camera integration
Will have it goint opticaly out in to Orion DEQ-30 EQ opticaly out to 2 Alpine H400 crossovers to feed my 3 way Dynaudio System 360 via Zapco C2K 2.5x (50wpc x4)runing high and mids and C2K 6.0x(124wpc x2) running 8" midwoofers(part of Dynaudio 360), and runing 2 way MB Quart(one of the cheaper once) in rear via some inexpencive 4 or 2 channel amp( i do not mind running stock passive x-overs on rears) and 4 ED 7K.V2 subs(they fit exactly in 4 mounting holes in my rear deck) feed by McIntosh Mcc444 pushing 220w in to each one.
Goal of the system - clear and loud - SQ only system with nice tunefull base - not the boomy and loud one. I plan to run 7K.V2 in infinite baffle without enclosure behind them but if needed will build small seald enclosure for them. Thinking about running stiffenig cap - probably 5fd and 4g wire in to junction box. System does not have a single passive or analog X-Over - all X-Over done digitaly and all individual drivers a ran by it's own amp. Trying not to take any trunk space - and this configuration would just fit on the rear wall and some side space. Not taking any space from trunk is a reason why I'm not going with bigger dedicated subs.
Couple questions - what do you think of this setup?

Most important - would Alpine h400/Orion DEQ30 perform well by today SQ standards? I could EQ/XOver/time delay system quite well with RTA, but how's the quality of sound compared with more modern units such as INPRINT or H701? I looked at them, but looks like they would not let me to x-over front 3 way and subs as well as run rear. I still belive you need some rear fill in the car envioment.
I would like to replace 3 older boxes wit one modern digital processor I just do not know wich one could do what I need?

Ampwise - what do you think of Zapco C2K for SQ? I did get hell of the deal on this 2 units so they would cost me not much more then 2 Reffernce units on e-bay, and I know Zapco C2K is their top(most expencive units) but maybe something else would be better diving tweeters/mids/midwoofer for SQ?

Headunit- I know 505 is more of the MM /Integration powerhouse and not the SQ unit but I need 2din unit to replace my factory COMMAND system and I would like to still have all integration in one place. Need digital optical out - so so far I do not see an alternative to 505 - but maybe I'm wrong?

Navigation I'm torn between Blackbird II and NVE-N872A later would cost me about $400 extra on e-bay but I was told it's really good unit(or actualy what BlackBird is a POS) :-)))))

Subs - I realy do not want to build big box in the trunk and not looking for a monster bass - no extraggetion - but looking to get very clean, well defined and tight punchy bass. Will be happy with 30-35Hz as a bottom of my range. How much better would I get by building small seald enclosure instead of doing infinite baffle/rear deck install? Any other good 6.5/7" mini sub drivers?

And again my goals are to get greate SQ system for listening mostly to the rock/pop/vocals in a car. A lot of the parts came from my previos car or some greate deals I had - which should explain strange chice of components :-)

Car I'm installing in to is 2001 AMG E55 which right now going through bunch of performance and suspension mods to be turned in to the trully custom car - I'm trying to make the car(driving, interior and entertaiment) to fit my prefferences like a tailored suit :-)

Any suggestions are trully appreciated
Thanks
Leon

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 12128
what I think.. well, I'd lose the rear fill speakers entirely if you want SQ.
I'm also not a big fan of IB subs, and with that said I'd put a single sealed sub in the spare wheel well.
Dyn 360, good front stage. that's what I use.
C2K amps, also good. I used to use those as well, but went to some older Orions.
DEQ30 is outdated. If you want to go all digital, look at the Pioneer Premier P9 combo (also what I use) for digital head to DSP, and fully active output to the amps along with XO and EQ features beyond the DEQ30.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us