Need help choosing an amp

Bronze Member
Username: Konruff2010

Pinedale, Wyoming United States

Post Number: 34
hey i have a list here of highly reccomended amp brands and i need to know which you ppl's think are best and which are worst so i can get a decent one but not for a truck load of money thanx.......

arc audio
genesis
helix
jl audio
ppi art series
tru
xtant
zapco

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7968
Well you just listed some of the best brands of amps out there, so anything you get from one of those companies will be great.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5425
agree... but some of those are very HARD to find and you can get something similar and cheaper.

What are you trying to push, post a budget too

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2208
Good companies above :-) What style amp are you looking at?

Kevin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
currently i only have two 12in. sonys in a plywood box and two 12in. legacys in a full-plexi bandpass box but i'm lookin to getting rid of all those subs but keep the plexi box and my plywood box and i need a decent amp to push all tht but isn't going to cost a truck load of money..i make anywhere from 100-300 bucks a week and going to sell those subs and my old amps to afford new subs and a new amp

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7971
Woah there. Do you realize the box matters 10x more than the amp and sub?

Box has to be custom built for the sub or it's gonna sound like azz. Especially bandpass (the plexi ones) those are the worst. Also MDF, no plywood.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7972
BTW all of the brands you listed ARE going to cost a lot.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
okay i'm a freakin amature at all this crap so dont harp on my like i'm some expert tht made a mistake you've made alot in your days so dont even start on tht and not all those brands cost alot and plexi bandpass boxes are actually good but your right they have to be custom built for the sub i hear you there and i know my plywood sux but anyway i just need to know a good one then i'll figure out the sub and then have a custom box built

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7974
You said you had not a lot of money...... those are not low budget amps.

And bandpass boxes almost never sound good (with very few exceptions). Even when built for the sub they usually don't exceed a ported or sealed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
i dont have to buy stuff right away i can save up for them and i can get custom built boxes for free

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5428
frederick can you post a budget so we can help you with the best stuffs you can afford?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us