US amp MD3D?

Bronze Member
Username: Me123456

Post Number: 32
ok i heard that the us amp md3d starts to over heat and goes into protect mode when wired under 2 ohms,and also heard is only does that if you dont have the right charging system is any of this true? im thinkin about getting it to push my two 12 jl w7 what do you think? and its going into a 07 monte carlo the factory alternator puts out 105 amp if that helps you guy

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2193
OH, I thought you were upgrading your alt. I would not touch the US Amps unless you can maintain 11v or higher. They don't over heat, but they have a VERY picky protection circuit, below 11v and they go into protect. I would HIGHLY recommend getting HO alt first bro.

Kevin

Bronze Member
Username: Me123456

Post Number: 33
is there any other amp that would be able to push my two w7 without replacing the alternator right away?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6373
no. your going to want to run 2000w+, you'll need a ho alt.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3742
Alt,Big 3,Batteries then the amps come.

You need power to make power.

To save some money check out the AudioQue AQ2200D.

AudioQue.com^^^^^

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 324
X2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^that is the truest fact in car audio

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9986
The us amp md3d only has three 30 amp fuses theres no way it produces 2000 watts. Even at 100% efficiency thats 1296 watts at 20% efficiency loss thats 1036 watts which is probably pretty close to the real output. But if you want a true 2000 watt output you better get a high output alt. like they are recommending because I had a 1995 monte carlo with a 105 amp alternator with an optima redtop with 250 amps of potential draw using all three of my amps and with it cranked at 4000 rpm with the lights on they dimmed pretty bad. I could drive about 15 to 20 minutes in the city during the day time and I could tell my electrical was being taxed by the time I got near my destination when it was cranked.

x2 on the audioque 2200

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 775
IT will work fine with your alt. Just watch the volume and pay close attention for clipping... aka dont bump the sh !t out of it until you get a bigger alt...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7992
" that is the truest fact in car audio "

Indeed it is

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10047
I just wanted to make a correction to the md3d comment I made. While the amplifier does have three 30 amp fuses external I just read that it is also supposed to have internal fuses and the total fuse rating is 240 amps. So if this is true the amp will put out what it is rated and then some.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8015
Well now thats a wacky design IMO. Anybody have any info on why they did that?

Silver Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 133
i would say pushing 1500 rms to each 12 w7 would be a bad idea. ive heard time and time again of the 12 w7's being blown when receiving 1000 rms to them. more than that and i could only imagine.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1093
give them recommended RMS...i would hate for you to blow your w7 since they are so D@mn expensive.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10078
If your going to get an amp this powerful make sure you set the gains to the right power amount your stock electrical system can safely handle and after you get the upgraded alt. then set it higher.

Bronze Member
Username: Team_havoc_audio

Jamestown, SC US

Post Number: 25
Once again, sean is retarded, the MD-3D has 6 40 amp fuses. I doubt he has ever seen a us amps in his life after seeing his posts (or hes mildly retarded and is color blind). The MD-3D has always had 6 40's, if you need more pictures then send me ur email, and ill go unbox one and take some shots, my camera wont let me go to a small enough resolution for this.

http://havocaudio.com/forum/index.php?topic=238.msg1592#msg1592

<--- there are 3 40's on the outside and 3 40's on the reverse on the inside.....

Bronze Member
Username: Allthingzaudio

A - TOWN - WEST-END, GA USA

Post Number: 73
"Once again, sean is retarded, the MD-3D has 6 40 amp fuses. I doubt he has ever seen a us amps in his life after seeing his posts (or hes mildly retarded and is color blind). The MD-3D has always had 6 40's, if you need more pictures then send me ur email, and ill go unbox one and take some shots, my camera wont let me go to a small enough resolution for this."

Who are you? to come on here calling people out there name.

The couple threads i read by you on here and you sound like your defending your BIT-H.

Go relax and take a breath and come again. I am sure the us amps are fine and all but damn...

Bronze Member

Jamestown, SC US

Post Number: 28
Alot of people like to bash other amps without any facts. What ticks me off even more though, is small companies, that i wont name, brainwash people for the most part, getting them to think that there products are of some higher quality. When the fact is, they just sent an email to a build house in china, south korea, etc..., and receieve the same copy cat amp, everyones using. 95% of the people that use these amps though, will never bench test them, just follow the bs that was told to them, and since these small companies claim everyone else is lieing about power ratings, so they trust them (with the aid of a few hype artists givin kickbacks).

People need to understand, companies wouldnt have a big name if they werent doing something right. Someones gonna say, well brand X won such and such comp., I dont see any big name companies doing that. The reason you hardly see Kicker, or MTX, winning all out SPL awards at DB drag world finals is because

1. They dont build drivers for this purpose, they build them for consumer use. Which is what the majority of the people on these fourms, and every where use their equipment for. Going to one run down meca show in a parking lot does not make u a competitor.

2. Most of the people that have the enclosure and design experience to get extreme numbers out of these drivers, are givin to them for free. Large companies dont care about the small amout of plablicity given to them by db drag, meca, iasca, or usaci. With the exception of scott owens(who uses pioneer, and DD at one time, but DD is proven and is not copy cat crap), and alan dante no one (with the exception of other competitors) knows who most competitors are.

Now im getting off topic, and I shouldnt be but, all im saying is, dont say anything bad about a company untill you have proof.

Bronze Member
Username: Cd5honda96

OR United States

Post Number: 85
Evan W, I like your info and the knowledge that you bring here to E, just the way you delivery you info and opinion and also how you are addressing other ecoustics members is making you sound like a d!ck.
Don't get me wrong I'm not calling you out or picking a fight with you, I'm just saying this aint no pissing contest and no one should have anything to prove.

Give respect get respect. Have a great day.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10182
Evan W to call someone retarded is very rude. And I was simply stating what I found on the first post and explained why. Later I corrected what I found to be true on the second post about the U.S. amp. My second post should have shown you I wasnt bashing the U.S. amp if you thought I was before. And as far as my never seeing a U.S. in person before I have and have heard them in action they were of very good quality back then (back when Lanzar was Lanzar) and im sure they still are decent. No I havent seen this exact amp in person I did a quick search and found the fuse listings on the internet which apparently were wrong but my second post got the total of the fuses correct. Once again I was simply stating the facts and then corrected it later thats all. Please refrain from calling people names and be respectful next time and realize this is the internet and not in person you may be misunderstanding what someone is trying to say. If you really knew who I was you would know I would never come off rude or inconsiderate and if I did and realized it I would apollogize but I assure you I wasnt here. And just so you know ive been into car audio for about 18 yrs so I seen alot of products and companies in my experience and I have also worked for a car audio shop here locally as well.

Also in my second post I did say it had a total of 240 amps and if that was true I said it will put out what it is rated and then some.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
evan Kicker still has one of the largest teams in the industry so you wrong there, they actually dump about 100,000 into it every year.

Give them a call they even have team managers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
Another thing is people will bash all sorts of companies. You will have to just get over it.

Do you work for us amps or are you a dealer or something?

Bronze Member

Jamestown, SC US

Post Number: 32
I am a Dealer (as well as a dealer for some smaller companies we hardly ever sell), and yes, i know of Tracy lol. I did compete for a while. Kicker mainly sponsors Bass Race vehicles though. They do have a few SPL vehicles though, alot of show cars as well, this gets alot more attention then just SPL. Lots of people know who pipo sanchez is, or tommy, or bob, and steve meade is almost famous.

What really sets me off, is i used to work for one of these small companies, and i see just how much bs they are. I realize people will bash, its part of the business. But what people need to understand is its fine to bash, if you can back it up. If not, you shouldnt open ur mouth, because your likely going to look like an @ss.

I quit trolling the fourms, and i shouldnt have ever came back and looked on one, because seeing all this bashing of name brand audio, and people hyping up junk set me off.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10186
I figured you were a dealer or something. I hope you understand where I was coming from now. My comment on the fuse size was simply out of concern for the members here getting what they are paying for thats all.

Bronze Member

Jamestown, SC US

Post Number: 34
After reading, I'll say sorry for coming off like a dick. I should have corrected without getting so angry .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
tracy is not the team captin. He was removed from his duties.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10187
Evan W...."After reading, I'll say sorry for coming off like a dick. I should have corrected without getting so angry ."

Its cool all is forgiven.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2254
Small companies do not "bash" bigger companies. Thing is, US Amps HAVE changed. ALL of their amp lines were US built with US parts, and the only amp from them now 100% US that I know of unless it has changed as well is the AX series. Look at the good ole XT line. Things change with bigger companies to the worst all the time, and when you "educate" people about them, tis not bashing. Someone ask me about XT amps and I SELL THEM TOO, but would not sell one to ANYONE. Only amp from them that takes abuse is the AX line end of story.

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 709
from what i read on on a different former where they have there own section the merlin series is mad here
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us