HiGhS hElP

Bronze Member
Username: Evildoughboy08

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 79
my highs are making a really annoying whistling sound, and ive been thinking its engine noise, because the higher the enginge is revved, the higher the whistle gets.

so someone told me in the sub forum that it may be that my amp housing isnt grounded, and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what it is exactly.

Silver Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 187
This refers to the earth cable. The person who advised you this thinks the problem is being cause because your earth cable isn't connected properly.

you need to double check this connection on the amp and on the car chasis. on the chasis make sure that you have scraped away any pain so that all you can see is silver and then bolt it down again.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6936
You get that noise if there's a voltage difference bewteen your HU's ground and the amp's. Google "ground loop" and you'll find many solutions.
Just want kind of amps are you using? Some cheap amps are proned to this problem, while more stable and higher quality amps have built in ground loop isolator.
Double check your ground connections using DMM.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5398
i have one good question, is your HU pioneer?

Bronze Member
Username: Evildoughboy08

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 80
yes it is actually, its a premier DEH-P5000UB, and this question scares me, because now i think something may be wrong with pioneer...

now tell me why you asked...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us