Ford Explorer 1996

Username: Woody08

Post Number: 1
I just put a new head unit in my explorer and i noticed that the the remote power wire on the back of my head unit had to be hooked up to the blue wire on the harness in order for my speakers to work. i take it that there is a factory amp installed already, will this have any effect on a aftermarket amp that i am wanting to install for a subwoofer?.... also any suggustions on what watt amp would work the best? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Schinner

Post Number: 70
i believe that yours prolly has the same amp that mine had...it was in the back on the right side just above the tire well....real pain in the neck to get too

my speakers with the hu and stock amp went crazy...got loud at volume lvl 10 when the hu went up to 50....speakers died real quick lol...i believe they do make harnesses to bypass the stock amp

i went the hard way and ran new wires for all the speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Cd5honda96

OR United States

Post Number: 109
Wes post what all your wanting to do so we can give you suggestions, are you wanting to amp your speakers? what kind of subs are you thinking of? Whats your buget/ how much space are you willing to give up to sub(s) are you want sq/spl/sql?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us