Pioneer P7480DVD graphics not working

Username: Rnawallin

Post Number: 1
I recently installed my Pioneer P7480DVD Player after the unit unfortunately sat in a box in my closet for 4 years. Before it was removed from the car that we previously had it in, it was working perfectly. Now that it is installed in this car, it is not.

The DVD player works - I can see/hear movies. The CD player works - I can hear the CD and see the track number. However, there are no other graphics. I cannot see the function menu screen or anything else. If a DVD or CD is not on then the screen is just black. And with a CD it is just blue with the track number, this is not how it is supposed to be. I have tried everything, pushing the RGB does nothing at all. I tried using the video source buttons and it does nothing. I have also tried the reset button on the front panel with no luck.

What could possibly be done to fix this? Does this sound like an installation issue (wires crossed or not plugged in somewhere) or a problem with the radio itself? I just don't understand how the unit could have spontaneously broken while sitting in a box, so why would it not work now?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us