Amp clips after play hard

Anonymous
I have a Ix345 kicker amp and it clips out after playing it hard for 1hr or so. I only running 2 12's and 2 4 x 6's.

The 12's Rockfords (single coil) are in a sealed box MDF custom
The 2 alpine 4 x 6's are in the dash

total = 4 speakers

kenwood Deck 4 x 45

4 guage power and ground cable
12 guage speaker wire

I think the amp is to low for the 12's butt i'am not sure if someone can confirm this please post here. I don't understand why it is clipping.

Thanks

teflondog
clipping is a sure sign of either a cheap amp or an amp that's being cranked too hard. your amp is kicker so it's definitely not cheap. here's some advice: the rule of thumb is you should NEVER turn your amp gain to the max. the most it should be turned up is about 90%. you should invest in a more powerful amp. i usually get high watt amps so that i could set the gain at 75% and still have enough power to push my subs. and don't forget: only look at rms ratings. peak power ratings is b.s.

Anonymous
These 12's i have are Rockford Fosgate, and they are the old serie's 1's you've probally heard of them before. What kinda of amp should i get for em, and if i decide to get some DVC's later I wanna make sure i don't have to upgrade the amp again.

What would you recommend?

Oh i worked on my wiring the otherday and i just ran them right and left instead off of 1 channel
seemed to cure the problem, and i turned down the gain some like you posted above. I tried to bridge that amp, and it did'nt like it either lol. I don't think it is even 2 ohm stable lol. I got this peace of sh*t off a friend *sigh*. How ever i think it will work good for my 4 x 6's as a second amp once i get something better for my 12's.

Thanks for the info

teflondog
with a two channel amp, it's always more convenient to just run each separate channel instead of bridging it. look at the rockford punch 601s amp. it will push those speakers without having to turn it up all the way.

Anonymous
So for the 12's should i go with a 2 channel amp?
and run them mono?

I plan on getting some dvc's soon so i want a good amp. I wanna get the most out of the speakers for a sealed box.

Anonymous
That's a nice amp they got this one also Rockford Fosgate Punch 801S
200W x 2 Car Amplifier

Where should i buy amp like this over the net for the best deal? or even the 601s you posted above.

teflondog
discountsjungle.com sells the 801s for less than half the price that stores sells them for. it's a really good deal. it actually puts out 400x2 @ 2 ohms so having dvc 4 ohm subs is really good if you have this amp.

Anonymous
I like that amp i just need some good speakers for it any suggestion's?

Need 2 12's for a sealed box preferably DVC's i want something that is going to pound hard.

Also think i need to upgrade my alt for that amp?

teflondog
you want to know what the perfect setup is if you get the 801s? get a pair of rockford 12" punch hx2 dvc subs. those in a sealed box sound excellent with this amp. you won't need to upgrade your stock alt because the amp is at least 65% efficient so it's not too power hungry. but just to make sure, check your alt output and it should put out at least 60 amps.

Anonymous
You mean these subs?
ROCKFORD FOSGATE RFD2212
PUNCH 12" HX2 DVC SUBWOOFER

List Price: $259.90
Our Price: $124.90

Or the more expensive ones?
RockFord Fosgate RFR-3112
12" power HX2 DVC 2000 Watts Woofer

List Price: $289.90
Our Price: $244.90

teflondog
you don't need the power hx2 subs unless you have a really monster amp to feed them. just get the punch hx2s.

Hi

I'm now setting up a system.

I wanna know if i get 2 of the rockford rfr3112 dvs and a 1500bd if it would be ok and if it would sound good.

Also if i should use either ported or sealed.

PlZ email me with the info at defmob_2000@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
i got 2 12" he2 subs for sale asking $250 they are brand new used bout a week to a rockford fosgate601s and they pound i now have 2 12" power hx2 and 2 1500bd amps and this subs hit so hard i blew out my window and i get nose bleeds
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us