Eclipse Amp and JL Sub Help

Username: Cjwillie

Belton, Tx Usa

Post Number: 4
I posted this in the Sub forum but haven't received any help/advice yet. Maybe someone here can share some insight.

Ok I have an older Eclipse 3620 Amplifier(60W x 2 Channel) that used to be hooked up to a JL 10W1 Sub but was stolen. The amp was bolted to my Mustangs trunk top so it got to stay. I purchased a JL10 W3V2 because I heard it was better, along with an Eclipse CD4000 CD Player. After having it installed, the sub sounds very weak to me, not much bass as the 10w1. I also have 2way speakers in the doors and tweeters I think that are hooked up to the amp but not sure anymore after the numerous installs from different people in different cities.

The last professional I had put in the cd player really didn't care how it sounded because I only was paying him for the cd install. There is barely any bass coming from the trunk now. Is this because the new w3 requires a more powerful amp or should I have someone just rewire or bridge everything together? Or should I just get another JLw1 sub and keep the W3 for my other car?

Belton, Tx Usa

Post Number: 5
Why won't anyone reply? I understand I am not an car audio expert and labeled a newb by my low level question so I came here for guidance but I get ignored, very rude and unprofessional.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2078
Did anyone touch the gains on your amp? Have you checked your sub outs on your headunit? The Eclipse has an option for your low end. That is probably your issue.

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Qslimms

Swanton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 111
i have almost the same deck push in the volume knob a few times till u get to the option that say nonfader turn that up to 16 also and also check and see if you push the volume knob one click past non fader there is a option called svc(only when u have a cd in) turn that up n see if it works

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2095
Be careful now, you don't want to distort or start clipping. Make sure you get CLEAN bass without any awful noise with it. If you are you will need to turn it down a lil.

Kevin

Belton, Tx Usa

Post Number: 6
I had to have deck removed and sent back to CartronixPlus, where I bought it, because the preset buttons and other numerous buttons(eject,power,ff/rw) on the outside portions of the deck weren't lighting up so it was hard to see what was going on at night. I told the professional that I use to have more bass without the Eclipse deck and it sounded nice with my Ford factory so I don't think he hooked it up right. I mainly got the deck so I could hook up my ipod to it and control it through the deck. He said he would check the wiring to the sub and my amp, but I don't think he plugged something in.

Yes I had the svc up to 20 when in aux/cd mode, and non-f was at 6, but it did not make a difference, I honestly believe he did not even hook up to the non-f pre amp output bc when he removed it from my car it still had the caps on the plugs.

It is just sad, you think someone would take more pride in installing something and want it to sound good than just another install. But you think my older Eclipse amp 60x2 and Eclipse cd4000 would power the 10w3v2 to make it sound decent? Thank you for the replies.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us