Possibly dumb question concerning Arc amps

Username: Kielbasa

Post Number: 7
I'm looking into getting an Arc amp to power a set of Arc 6000 components, and I'm kind of unclear as to which lines of Arc amps are better or worse. For example, I'm pretty sure their Foose speakers are better than their Kar speakers, but the Kar amps seem quite a bit more powerful. The Foose two-channel amps come in 50 and 100 watts, and the Kars come in 90 and 180. So basically I'm just wondering which of the two is high quality and will match those speakers better.

I'm guessing the 2075se would be my best bet, but I'm not sure how much more it costs compared to the other two. It definitely looks more expensive. I'd like to pay no more than $350 (retail, I'm probably going to being buying it from a shop) and I'm also open to other suggestions, but the Arc amps seem like they are good quality.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2033
A good buddy of mine carries Arc for a while in his shop. He stopped because he had alot of issues with the Foose amps overheating. Other than that, I see no issues with the other line.

Kevin

Bronze Member
Username: Kielbasa

Post Number: 15
Was there a reason for the overheating besides the quality of the amp? Maybe it didn't have enough breathing room or something like that? I had actually kind of settled the Foose line amp, but if that's a common problem I'll rule that one out.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2039
Plenty of breathing room, just the amps got hot. Don't go by just my word, but consider it :-)

Kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us