Powering a 15" brahma

Username: Dan_white

Post Number: 2
http://cgi.ebay.com/used-ADIRE-AUDIO-BRAHMA-MkIV-15-D2_W0QQitemZ220240638598QQih Z012QQcategoryZ18804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's a link to a deal I'm getting on one of the baddest subs ever made. It's used but in good condition and I'd like to hear some opinions on what ya'll would go about trying to power this thing.

Most likely going to go in a sealed box to specs... but ported is not out of the question. I'd appreciate any insight.

-Dan

Post Number: 3
btw it's dual 2 ohm voice coils so I'm going to need a 1 ohm stable amp because pushing 1000 watts or even 800 at 4 ohms is going to be a little too expensive. Just wondering also, running at 1 ohm isn't frowned upon as far as preformance and durability correct? If so oh well. I'm looking for an amp that can push around 1000 watts at 1 ohm. Any advice would recieve much graditude and appreciation. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1655
As the long as the amp is rated/stable @ 1 ohm your good to go.

What's your budget?

Post Number: 4
Around 400/450 for a good amp if need be used so beat it, but I know for sure my sound quality is more important than my budget so saving up wouldnt be too out of the question. As far as the budget of around 450 what amps stand out to yall?

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2030
With that budget you can get NICE amp. I can help you with a RD 1000D at $325 shipped or Sundown SAE-1000D at $335 shipped. The RD does 995 at 11.8v hehe.

Kevin

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2031
WAIT!!!!!!! DO NOT BUY THAT SUB!!! Only the Adire MKI and MKII are worth a $hit. I had $4,000 worth of paper weight MKIII and MKIV versions. I highly recommend you looking at another sub.

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 730
i dont think i would buy from robot underground

Post Number: 5
Really didnt wanna hear that lol, too late now. We'll see. With what yall are saying Im not even going to look into an amp until I find out how it sounds.

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 734
95% positive feedback isnt very good IMO

Post Number: 6
I dont understand, Kevin. You payed 4,000 dollars for a 1,000 watt adire audio sub that sounded like $hit? Was it a personal problem or are you trying to say that the whole series was a flop? I dont see how with adire's reputation a newer generation sub would be a paper weight. Did it not hit hard or just sounded bad? Elaborate please.

Also, I'd like to know about these amps. Never heard of sundown or RD before.

Post Number: 7
http://cgi.ebay.com/Precision-Power-PPI-DCX-1000-1-mono-AMP-1000WATTS_W0QQitemZ1 20270890313QQihZ002QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

can anybody tell me if this refurbished ppi amp with a 1 year warranty would be a bad idea? how safe is a refurb? looks a little cheap to be reliable but definately fits my needs.

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2041
I bought a pallet of Adire subs. I think maybe 3 worked. The rest blew and scrubbed out of the box. Even on half the rms power they blew. Poor build quality all around.

RD and Sundown amps are very good quality products. Either will suit your needs and last.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us