Where to put "Great Stuff"

Bronze Member
Username: Jayhunter

New Haven, IN USA

Post Number: 27
Already put weather stripping for doors on my license plate to reduce some rattling. Went out and bought a can of Great Stuff and I'm not entirely sure where I should apply it in my trunk. Where do you suggest putting it at?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16815
Careful here using that. That stuff is very hard to remove if and when you intend to. If you inject it into body cavities consider it permanent.

Have you considered E-dead or some other sound deadening product? Self stick.

Bronze Member

New Haven, IN USA

Post Number: 28
Well, I am probably going to be the last person ever to drive my car considering it is a 95' and it's over 100K so I'm not too worried about it being ucky for the next driver. I thought about buying some dynomat but I hear Great Stuff works pretty well too(plus it is much cheaper).

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16827
Messy but cheap. What's nice is its' expanding qualities. Plus once dry you can shave it to any form.

Silver Member
Username: Howtoeatapencil

Post Number: 122
where did u pick this stuff up at? and how much was it?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16832
Any local hardware store. Lowes, the Depot, even Walmart has it. Like $8 or so per can.

http://greatstuff.dow.com/greatstuff/diy/retail.htm

Bronze Member

New Haven, IN USA

Post Number: 30
I actually picked it up at Wallmart and it was only $4.25 after tax! So just sort of spray it around the trunk lid then? I probably won't need too much of it I assume.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16844
Apply it between the frames of the trunk. Get it as deep as you can and fill the cavities. It will look ugly but will do the job.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us