Eq or a Crossover?

Username: 71_chevelle

Post Number: 2
I was wondering if i need an Eq or a Crossover? if so what do you recommend?
I am currently restoring a 71 chevelle and putting in a new system i put in a new head unit that is original looking...with the two nobs but no tape deck, it has a CD changer. So i was wondering do i need a Eq or a crossover since my head unit does not have a built in Eq and my system i plan to put in will consist of 2 12" subs that RMS 1000 each a pair co-axle 6X9 infinity kappa's RMS 110 and pair of Infinity Perfect 5.25" Component Speakers RMS 100 watts. i'm thinking about possibly adding one more pair of 6X9 speakers but thats beside the point i was just wondering if and what type of Eq or Crossover would i need or will need?

Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1286
hunter post this as one big post in the subwoofer section,all our resident experts hang out there. make sure to list all your questionsin that one post and the first thing anyone will tell you if you ddn't buy them yet is ditch the 6x9's. get a speaker hole adapter and get 6 inch rounds. if you get infinity comps rather then coaxils they will come with x overs andthen u can put a Eq in if you want. your best bet for a setup like this if u haven't bought the speakers yet is blow all your money on a excellent front stage rather then adding a bunch of speakers. they will get louder, cleaner and be les mess trying to stick them somewhere. plus that cars a beautiful muscle classic why go through all the trouble of making the headunit look stock and end up cramming a ton of speakers in it. take your time and do it right if you do it will retain close to stock more and sound wayyy better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
ok thank you. and what types of component speakers would you recommend i install to get an excellent front stage?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1293
i replied in the head unit ection about it you will have to ask in the woofer section amoung the resident experts that hang around here like chad lee. they know thier stuff big time and have owned it all. sorry componets i just don't have enough knowledge to reccomend anything but those guys would be the first guys i'd go to. also since you bought up get a hold of kevin holden. he could prob score you a great deal on a sundown amp those are beautiful and powerful amps. i would kill to own one if i had the money and they would fit your setup perfectly but you still haven't said what woofers your running?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Ok i will start up a new thread and i mentioned the pioneer subs in the hu post. oh really? ok i'll look him up and check out the amp! i'm glad i havent bought many of the items for my system yet! i'll live with the 6X9's for now and i'm happy with my zapco 650.6 AG series amp for the mid and highs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us