Need Wire harness for Sony CDX-5270 car radio

I have a Sony car radio that I purchased on Ebay, however, it doesn't have the wire harness with it. On one side, there are 9 pins and on the other there are 2 pins, a space, 2 pins, two spaces and 2 more pins for a total of 15 pins. I've been told I need an 18-pin wire harness but I've seen the connector and it isn't that. I purchased a 16-pin harness and it isn't that either -- it's too big. Any suggestions on which one I need and where I can get one? Please respond to this message on this board or email me at tsjocool@mchsi.com. ANY help would be great. THANKS

motoman22
Call Sony, give model number, order harness.

Going through Sony will cost over $50 for a harness that I know I can get cheaper 2nd hand. Anyone have one for sale? Or know where I can order one cheaper then going through Sony?

motoman22
I bought an 'open box' head unit one time that was missing the harness. I was able to locate the owners manual online and figure out which pin was each connection.

I just opened up the case and soldered 12" pigtails directly to the pins. Instead of having a wiring harness plug in, there was a bundle of wire coming out the hole...worked great. I used different color wire and when I ran out of wire colors, I used little bands of colored heat shrink. I wrote up a little legend for the wiring colors (white/red band = left front (+)) and taped it to the bottom of the head unit.

$50 is ridiculous but probably another measure to deter theft.

Anonymous
if the head unit is new .....go to circuit city they have them

Actually you can look in our phone book (yellow pages) and look under Automobile Car radio, just call them up, give them the car model and year, and they'll give you a harness, thats what I did, but remember to tell them you want to plug it into the radio not the car, I didn't so I ended up making two trips, it would also be a good idea to take the radio with you to double check, I could have purchased the wire harness for 50 bucks but I saved a bundle by just buying it from a store for 10 bucks.

Unregistered guest
I am looking for the wire harness for a sony cdx 5060

help

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 753
contact sony, or a sony authorized repair center.
or try ebay.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us