2 Polk GNX 12" | What amp?

Hey,
I have 2 Polk GNX124 12"subs in a sealed box. Each speaker has a dual voice coil and 4ohms. The RMS (per speaker) is 175w and the Peak Power (per speaker) is 400w. I would like to know what the best amp to buy would be. I have the Pioneer DEH-P850MP head unit. What specific amp should i get? How many watts do i need minimum? What is the best brand? Thanks in advance

Polk drivers are very efficient, they don't need much power to rock.

The amp you need all depends on the amount of dough you want to spend. Amps that will work for you range in price from about $100 all the way up to about $600. You typically get what you pay for but luckily you don't need a monster amp to make your subs happy. Having dual 4-ohm voice coils is good when you have two subs, 2-ohm stereo on amps is a good power producing combo.

Honestly, what's your budget?

My budget is probably under $250. I don't really have much more to spend right now.

What would be better for my setup, a mono amp or a two-channel amp? I would like to get the most power and efficiency out of both subs, but I would also like to get it at the lowest price. So, for the most power and efficiency for under $250, what is my best option?

Anonymous
mono

Anonymous
i have the same subs, bazooka is awesome, your local circuit city can hook you up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us